CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 603 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> OnLine Shops >> Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/28/2004 6:59:59 AM   
LazLong

WTF can I buy Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! I've looked and can't find it ANYWHERE.

It is so ****ing hard to find high-speed CD-RW media....Makes me wonder why vendors are producing faster and faster CD-RW drives, other than for marketing reasons....[}:)]
Post #: 1
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/28/2004 8:36:25 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

To the best of my knowledge Ritek does not make 32x CD-RWs yet, although I know they *do* make 24x CD-RWs. I think the only maker of 32x CD-RWs is Mitsubishi Chemicals, which can be found on some online stores under the Verbatim Datalife Plus brand name (Here)

Ritek does make 52x CD-Rs and they can be purchased at lot's of different online stores. For instance Meritline.com carries them (Here)

If you decide to go with the 32x CD-RWs though, you may want to check out my review on them (here). I have serious doubts that most drives are properly supporting them for the moment, so perhaps stick with 24x CD-RWs, which seem to be better supported, and easier to find as well.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 2
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/28/2004 11:49:47 AM   
ant

Nice work Dolph.

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 3
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/28/2004 5:16:09 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Thanks! that one was a lot of work

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 4
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/28/2004 11:27:25 PM   
LazLong

Actually, Ritek's web site says that they ARE shipping 32x CD-RW's.

As for the 52x's, I should have said printable....But now I see those are available thru Meritline now also....

I just bought several of the Plextor Premium's, specifically to take advantage of the 32x CD-RW functionality. I see your article doesn't give this drive a very good review at 32x. So, who makes the best 24x CD-RW's?

quote:
Originally posted by Dolphinius_Rex

To the best of my knowledge Ritek does not make 32x CD-RWs yet, although I know they *do* make 24x CD-RWs. I think the only maker of 32x CD-RWs is Mitsubishi Chemicals, which can be found on some online stores under the Verbatim Datalife Plus brand name (Here)

Ritek does make 52x CD-Rs and they can be purchased at lot's of different online stores. For instance Meritline.com carries them (Here)

If you decide to go with the 32x CD-RWs though, you may want to check out my review on them (here). I have serious doubts that most drives are properly supporting them for the moment, so perhaps stick with 24x CD-RWs, which seem to be better supported, and easier to find as well.

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 5
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/29/2004 12:36:58 AM   
MP3Mogul

LazLong,

Please refrain from cursing on the board, yeah, you used asterisks to delete it out, but you left the meaning, it is not needed, required, and will not be tolerated on the board. Thank you in advance for you full cooperation.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 6
RE: Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! - 1/29/2004 1:52:30 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I've used Mitsubishi Chemicals' 24x CD-RWs with very good results. You can find them under the Verbatim Datalife Plus brand name. They work quite well with the Plextor Premium too.

I'll post some results if I get the chance.

(in reply to LazLong)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> OnLine Shops >> Ritek 32x CD-RW 52x CD-R Media?!?!?!?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI