CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Playback Problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1279 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Playback Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 3:18:29 PM   
DReese

Not only am I new to this forum, but new to burning as well. I apologise if this questions are answered elsewhere. I tried to find them first, but had no luck.

I am attempting to back-up my DVD collection, and recently purchased a Sony Dual Layer DVD burner, and purchased Memorex DL disks. I am using DVD Decrypter V 3.5.4.0 to rip the source DVDs (which are no doubt copywright protected), and am using Nero Recode 2 to burn the DVD back to the disk. I have copied 7 DVDs so far. On two of them I had a problem that I have seen mentioned here. Halfway through the film the disk just stops playing. The other 5, however, copied fine.

However, I do have a second problem. When I try to play the finished DVD copy on certain players, it doesn't recognise the disk. Any non-recordable DVD player plays them fine. However, I have tried the finished copies on two different recordable DVD players, and neither of them will load the disk at all. These players are the Sony RDR-VX515 and the Coby DVD-R1100. Does anybody know why this is, and if there is anything I can do to create backups that will play on these players?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. This is a fantastic forum, and I am glad I found it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 3:32:13 PM   
Antonio

The first problem you mentioned might be due to average writing quality. A newer firmware for your drive might solve this, otherwise get more decent media like Verbatim.
The playability might be a booktype issue. Which Sony do you have? If you change the booktype for DVD+R DL media your layer will recognize them as DVD-ROM. Its very simple procedure and depents on the drive.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to DReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 3:37:50 PM   
DReese

I am at work, but will check the burner's version tonight. As for the booktype, I must confess I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Learning as I go. Is it easy to figure out? Thanks so much for the reply.

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 3:37:55 PM   
SithTracy

Just curious, when it comes to back-ups of movies... I do it on occasion as well, but I use single layer discs and shrink the content... to make the quality acceptable, I cut out the junk I don't need (i.e. movie previews, stupid extras, other languges, etc.).  Those are the back-ups that make the kids happy.  When they put in a movie, they want to watch it and not all the fluff.  Save yourself some bucks and use single layer discs and "cut the crap" out.

(in reply to DReese)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 1/25/2006 3:58:58 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SithTracy)
  Post #: 5
RE: Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 4:09:49 PM   
DReese

I will research this when I get home this evening. I apologise for not having that handy right now. Where/how do I locate my firmware (sorry, very new at this) and by DL Media ID, do you mean the disks I am using? Thanks everyone so much.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 1/25/2006 4:23:08 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to DReese)
  Post #: 7
RE: Playback Problems - 1/25/2006 4:41:04 PM   
RImages

Fantastic! I will look this up tonight!

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 8
RE: Playback Problems - 1/26/2006 3:31:04 AM   
RImages

OK, when I check the disk info screen, it simply states there is a blank disk in the drive, and shows the available size, which is 8.5. The disk packaging simply says Memorex.

Here is the firmware screen:

Hope that helps.

(in reply to RImages)
Post #: 9
RE: Playback Problems - 1/26/2006 3:37:18 AM   
Antonio

Is this a second profile or not? What happened with DReese user?

Your Sony is a OEM Liteon SOHW-1693S and supports bitsetting for sure, and can also be set to region free. You can read the review for this drive below:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=14084

Your current firmware is the KY04 while there are already two more recent versions. The most recent is the KY06. Find it below:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2074

Check the disc from CD-DVD Speed, not Nero Disc Info.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to RImages)
Post #: 10
RE: Playback Problems - 1/26/2006 3:56:30 PM   
DReese

Thanks again. Should have mentioned the new profile. For some reason I couldn't access my DReese from home, it kept saying I didn't have permission to post, so I created a new profile. LOL

I'll download the firmware update tonight. I am still not able to find the CD-DVD Speed section to check. Where should I look?

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 11
RE: Playback Problems - 1/27/2006 4:14:09 AM   
Antonio

If you have Nero, go to Start Menu / Programs / Nero/Nero Toolkit / Nero CD-DVD Speed

If you don't have it you can download it from :

www.cdspeed2000.com

< Message edited by Antonio -- 1/27/2006 4:15:04 AM >

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to DReese)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Playback Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI