CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MPAA accused of motion picture piracy !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1265 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> MPAA accused of motion picture piracy ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MPAA accused of motion picture piracy ! - 1/24/2006 1:13:11 PM   
SiliconFreak

The Motion Picture Association of America stands accused of breaking its own piracy guidelines after it admitted making unauthorised copies of a film submitted to it for classification.

The accuser is film director Kirby Dick who sent a copy of his documentary "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" to the MPAA back in November.

The film is to debut at the Sundance Film Festival this Wednesday and happens to take a critical look at the workings of the MPAA.

According to the LA Times, Mr Dick is "very upset and troubled" by the MPAA’s admission that it had made copies of his work. The Association claims the director is just making mischief to drum up publicity for the movie. Dick’s lawyer has written to the MPAA demanding explanations.

The film puts the work of the MPAA in the spotlight, accusing it of being too hard on sex, too soft on violence and publicly unaccountable. For its part, the MPAA reckons the film-maker’s methods, allegedly involving rooting through MPAA’s members dustbins and generally following them about, were a bit underhand.

Mr Dick says he emailed the MPAA seeking assurances that it would not make copies of the film. He now wants to know why it did so and has asked for all copies to returned to him.

According to the MPAA’s own website, "Manufacturing, selling, distributing or making copies of motion pictures without the consent of the copyright owner is illegal."

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> MPAA accused of motion picture piracy ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI