CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1232 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! - 1/12/2006 6:17:04 AM   
SiliconFreak

Nikon has announced that they are exiting most of the analog film camera market. In a Nikon UK press release, the company said that it is stopping production of most film camera bodies and their associated lenses. Nikon will still offer support to discontinued models and will also sell two high-end film cameras.

In the press release Nikon UK says, "Nikon Corporation has made the decision to focus management resources on digital cameras in place of film cameras." While the company will still sell their flagship F6 film body and the manual FM10, all other film cameras will be discontinued. Owners of discontinued models will still be able to get support for years to come.

We cannot say with absolute certainty that this UK press release refers to Nikon's global business, but the release makes several references to Nikon's global business such as the firm's sales performance.

Nikon is not the only photography giant that is switching to digital. Two years ago, Kodak restructured into a mostly digital company and dropped out of the 35 mm camera business. Several thousand people were laid off as the company struggled to set sail into the digitalk photography age and improve its image. Since the transition, Kodak has released several digital camera models including the wireless EasyShare and renamed their Ofoto online photo printing service to a more recognizable Kodak EasyShare Gallery. The company has also leveraged its brand name to install Kodak digital photo kiosks around the nation.

According to Nikon UK's press release, the discontinued cameras and accessories will still be in retail distribution until Summer 2006. Nikon USA and Nikon Corporation were not available for comment.

Source : TG Daily
Post #: 1
RE: Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! - 1/19/2006 3:04:02 PM   
biswachk

Hi there,

Your message attracted my attention. I think you like photography,so, may I ask you to let me know few good sites on photography(latest news, technical stuff etc).

BTW, have you heard about an online photography competition(seenew) by Nokia?

thanks

< Message edited by biswachk -- 1/19/2006 3:06:28 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! - 1/20/2006 5:02:54 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi and welcome!

Sorry...but although I like photography and also love to take pictures with my digital camera, I never searched the web in that area, so I cant recommend you any such sites... But I believe that if you search on some Google-alike browser...that you'll find many interesting sites about photography....

And I also havent heard about Nokia's online photography competition...but since you obviously did...can you tell me more about it?

Have a nice day/night....

SiliconFreak.

(in reply to biswachk)
Post #: 3
RE: Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! - 1/20/2006 6:11:48 AM   
biswachk

Please visit www.seenew.com to know more about the competition and let me know what you think.

Thanks..

Have a good day

< Message edited by biswachk -- 1/20/2006 6:19:15 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! - 1/20/2006 7:01:13 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi!

Thank You for the link...I checked the site and must say that competition looks very interesting....the only sad thing is that I dont have mobile phone with camera to be able to join it... What about if I take some 1 or 2 mpix picture with my digital camera and send that picture? (and edit attributes first offcourse - cause otherwise they will see that it wasnt taken with mobile phone's camera)

But noooooooo...I dont cheat....never did never will....maybe I will join some digital camera's competition....I believe there are many also....

So all-in-one....nice and interesting site and competition...and if you meet their requirements....just join and be one of lucky winners!

Good luck and hope to talk to you soon...

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Nikon retires most of its film camera lineup ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI