CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

.Mac enjoys 1TB bandwidth upgrade !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 744 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> .Mac enjoys 1TB bandwidth upgrade ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
.Mac enjoys 1TB bandwidth upgrade ! - 1/4/2006 7:37:06 AM   
SiliconFreak

Some users of Appleā€™s .Mac service have seen their data transfer capacity increase from 10GB to a whacking great 1TB. The increase was reported by a reader of MacDailyNews who noticed the change on December 31.

MacDailyNews got all excited and thought that it might be because a new Mac mini is about to be launched at next week's Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco.

Its logic is that a new Mac mini will merge with .Mac's iDisk feature with version 2.0 of Front Row.

This will mean that users will need the extra bandwidth to download video content to their iPods without storing them on the computer hard-drive.

All exciting stuff and, in the absence of a comment from Apple, which never tells its customers anything, it is as likely as anything else.

However it is also quite likely that it is all a mishtake. An Apple employee has posted to the Apple message board saying that the increased bandwidth is a glitch that the company is currently investigating.

More breathless expectation here.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> .Mac enjoys 1TB bandwidth upgrade ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI