CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: TFT LCD sales break $10 billion barrier in Q3 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 762 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> RE: TFT LCD sales break $10 billion barrier in Q3 ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TFT LCD sales break $10 billion barrier in Q3 ! - 12/30/2005 7:06:27 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahahahahaha....

I give up...just do what you want...pick the one that you like more and God bless You...

Ok...its like this...if you have a small room...then you're right...anything bigger than 32" would be waste of money...but then again...you dont have 1x1m room....or do you?

And I know very well how they look...I saw many LCD's  (and not just computer monitors, but LCD TV's also!) in my life you know.... Soooooooooo...thats normal that they arent made to be watched from some 50cms like at comp.monitors...and if you thought that looking at them such close would be the same as with LCD monitors...you were wrong!...cause the math here is very simple....lets just asume that they had the same dot pitch as monitors....and now try setting your monitor resolution to 1280x720....and look at it like you normally do....so from some 50cms...what do you see? Let me tell you....even from such close distance you can see dots....or just draw some diagonal line in Paint or some other graphics program...and you will see that line isnt completely flat...so if that is visible on some 19" monitor...then on 27" it would be even worse, because if resolution is the same....then the pixel size (or space between them) must be greater...- its like you would stretch that 19" 1280x720 picture into 27" one....and the logical conclusion is that you would see much "worse" picture that way (when looking at it from same distance)...

But since the recommended distance from TV's is somewhere around 3-4 times screen size (or maybe even 5 times that size...dont remember exactly now...and am too tired to go searching that info now...)....then its also logical that you wont be looking at 27" TV from 1m....but from at least 27"x3=81"=2.05m, 27"x4=108"=2.74m, 27"x5=135"=3.42m.....so from AT LEAST 2.05-3.42m! But it would be even better from some 4m.... Ok? So that is also my answer to your question (when there are no more "cubes" visible?).... At 3.5m surely there arent any more visible (if you arent looking with some telescope again ).

Conclusion...You need to have AT LEAST 2m (and thats as low as you may go here!- but for best results I would place it somewhere around 3.5-4m away -- that is if you have enough space in your "small room") of space between where your TV is and where Your Royal Highness sits....

Good luck...enough TV talks for this year...happy new year and best wishes....

The End...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 17
RE: TFT LCD sales break $10 billion barrier in Q3 ! - 12/31/2005 2:20:20 AM   
major9686

dude .. I got good set of eyes and great vision ..
my currant tv is ruin that but .. I hope I will dump it soon ..
cant play PS2 without rubbin my eyes at least 50 times bah .. they get all red .. bah !
hmmm ...
DAMN with this forum and FireFox1.5 ...
keeps refreshin and reloadin tabs .. if I got too many tabs of CDRinfo the FF crash !

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 18
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> RE: TFT LCD sales break $10 billion barrier in Q3 ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI