CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1586 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 6:58:49 AM   
SiliconFreak

A so-called "prizefight" set of benchmarks run by news.com has pitted a heavyweight champion against a dead lightweight failure, if the results are to be believed.

News.com pitted AMD versus Intel dual core CPUs and tested areas including day to day computing, gaming, multitasking, photo editing, MP3 encoding, video encoding and bangs per buck, or price performance as others call it.

That's seven rounds of the "prizefight".

According to this, out of a total points of 100, AMD got 100 and Intel got zero.

It's here. We're surprised the referee didn't stop the "prizefight" after round one.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 11:00:35 AM   
Antonio

That's why I ordered an 4200+ X2...

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 2:06:37 PM   
SithTracy

Annihilates?  No...  But it impresses the hell out of me to see them going toe to toe with a giant and actually getting peoples attention... even the biased cnet who have always seemed to cater to Dell and Intel.

Let me remind you all, there is a current poll at CDRinfo:  AMD vs Intel

Intel is currently leading the polls.  I don't think there is enough data to say whether Intel or AMD will rule the cdrinfo forum members desktop yet... GO VOTE!

Post #: 3
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 5:11:32 PM   
SiliconFreak

Great choice Antonio...you wont be dissapointed with 4200+ X2...

And SithTracy....I just voted....guess for who.......noooooooooo....wrong....for Intel actually... Anyway...my opinion is...that for business solutions/applications...Intel still has that tiny edge over AMD...but for gaming....AMD leads with quite big gap...

Cyaaaaaaaaa...

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 6:38:43 PM   
MP3Mogul

I don't game, this is why I use Intel...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 5
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 6:42:14 PM   
SiliconFreak

So my theory is correct afterall...

Games/gamers = AMD
Serious hardworking people = Intel

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 6
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 7:41:27 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yep!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 7
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/28/2005 7:58:06 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

So my theory is correct afterall...

Games/gamers = AMD
Serious hardworking people = Intel

Nope - I am not a gamer (at least I don't live my life for it, just play a few - currently have none installed)... I spend most of my day coding and managing e-Commerce projects and when I work from home, it's on my AMD system... My computing hobbies include digital photography, casual video editing, and encoding my vast CD collection of music for my iPod!

My firm is putting AMD based servers up now for UNIX and Windows.  Not for just the gamer anymore, but I'll agree a gamer will be more attracted to an AMD system vs. Intel... Cost and performance are factors... AMD wants the businesses to take notice there product (Opteron) and Intel wants the games to notice their new product (nForce4 for Intel).

Both products need to be there for the consumer to win.  PC prices are coming down because of the competition AMD is giving Intel.  It did not exist a few years ago.  I wish success to both companies and will always have a place for both in my home so long as I keep my home network up and can afford the equipment on a single income.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 8
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/29/2005 1:55:53 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

A so-called "prizefight" set of benchmarks run by news.com has pitted a heavyweight champion against a dead lightweight failure, if the results are to be believed.

News.com pitted AMD versus Intel dual core CPUs and tested areas including day to day computing, gaming, multitasking, photo editing, MP3 encoding, video encoding and bangs per buck, or price performance as others call it.

That's seven rounds of the "prizefight".

According to this, out of a total points of 100, AMD got 100 and Intel got zero.

It's here. We're surprised the referee didn't stop the "prizefight" after round one.

Source : TheInquirer

good thing I didnt spend lots of money on gettin a dual core intel ... ha ha :)

Post #: 9
RE: AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! - 11/29/2005 2:01:08 AM   
Antonio

To be ownest I don't think Intel processors are bad, as they seem to be from the specific test. Moreover this test refers only to Dual Core processors, where yes the AMDs are better, but in Single Core I still think that Intel is better, although my choise for a brand new AMD.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> AMD annihilates Intel in dual core benchmark tests ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI