CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1524 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/15/2003 2:44:09 AM   
Daemos

I'm about to purchase the Plextor 8X DVD+RW drive, and I was wondering which would be the best brand name media to use to burn at close to 8X speeds and to have Discs that'll last a few years atleast in CD binders.
Post #: 1
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/15/2003 3:17:23 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Well, both Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden's 8x line of DVD recordables appear to be good.... although Ritek's might not be bad either.

I would suggest waiting until after christmas to purchase your burner since there will be more 8x DVD burners in January I believe, and the more competition there is, the cheaper the prices will get! :)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 2
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/15/2003 3:30:43 AM   
Daemos

Boxing day is where it's at.
I really don't want to wait til after newyears, because I'm doing a whole system upgrade on boxing day, and putting the "leftovers" ie my Athlon Xp 2100+ and KT400 mobo + my CDRW and DVDrom into a box for my parents as like a christmas gift.

but if I buy from futureshop and the plextor is 300 dollars if there is a price drop withen 30 days, they'll re-emburse the diffrence.

PS do you know where to buy good media online from Canada? The only place I found was www.blankmedia.ca But I'm trying to find others that might have better prices.

Plextor PX-708A 8X +R 4X-R
LG 4040B 4X +/-R

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 3
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/15/2003 5:05:42 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

The only time you'll find better prices then www.blankmedia.ca is when Futurshop/bestbuy has one of their psychotically cheap specials on... so check around boxing day. Generally, Blankmedia.ca is VERY well priced... and I say that as someone who knows *THEIR* costs/markups (or at least some of them)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 4
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/15/2003 4:43:59 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Daemos

I'm about to purchase the Plextor 8X DVD+RW drive, and I was wondering which would be the best brand name media to use to burn at close to 8X speeds and to have Discs that'll last a few years atleast in CD binders.

Why pay the for the Over Priced 8x Media I suggest you try any Media that has the Ritek G04 4x Layer on them as they all write at 8x with you having the Sanyo chipset in the Plextor !!!
Also why go for the expensive Plextor when the Optorite DD0401 8x does the same job !!! [?]

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 5
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/16/2003 1:41:28 AM   
MP3Mogul

Also, I have managed to pick up Fuji DVD Media at a great price and of course they are (Taiyo Yuden) and they are rated at 4X, but write full speed at 8X without any problems.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 6
RE: Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? - 12/16/2003 6:36:38 AM   
Daemos

The reason I'm getting the plextor is because that's the only one I have access to purchase, I don't mind spending more money getting a good brand name :)

wheee boxing day, wake up at 5 am ;)

Plextor PX-708A 8X +R 4X-R
LG 4040B 4X +/-R

(in reply to Daemos)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Which Brand burns at 8X good, and lasts long? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI