Hi all, just wanted to add another twist to things. I originally had a much older version of Nero 7, (220.127.116.11? 3?) and upgraded to 18.104.22.168 and *that* was what started my audio cd's skipping. Downloading/downgrading the version of mp3pro.dll to the 22.214.171.124 that was posted earlier fixed things for me with my current version of Nero.
Now that things are no longer broke... I don't intend on further trying to fix them. But, I had the version 126.96.36.199. of the mp3pro.dll previously.
System specs are an Athlon 64 3200+, 2 gigs of ram, a gf6800 ultra, an audigy 2 soundcard, and besides Nero I have Alcohol 120% installed as far as other burning software is concerned. No, I didn't install InCD. :)
It's interesting to speculate on what could be causing the data gaps with that mp3pro dll.. somebody on another forum I was perusing mentioned that when he uninstalled/reinstalled his IDE stack (ide controller drivers, HDD drivers etc) that he made the skip locations *change*.
So, possibly the conflict is with a hard drive controller of a certain sort or something of the like? I've got an Asus K4T800 Pro? Turbo? (VIA chipset) motherboard, but something else that may be a factor is I do have a SATA drive installed. But, I just recalled someone with a p3 600 reported the problem.. but, perhaps VIA chipset? Forgive me as I haven't bothered to examine everyone else's system specs again.
The only other thing I can think of would be something along the lines of a software conflict, perhaps something that's running memory resident like creative speaker setting controls or drivers or something...
Edit: For some non-copyright 320kbps mp3's to download, go here: http://www.waxaudio.com.au/download_the_mp3s
Courtesy of google :p Someone with skipping problems should isolate a particularily bad song for it and let the rest know to download it.
ALSO, another brainstorm, someone with the skipping problem should upload THEIR mp3pro.dll file so someone like MP3Mogul can download that and replace his, in hopes of duplicating the problem. :)
I would do so of course, except I've already replaced it and the idea occurred to me after the fact.