CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

US grants patent for anti-gravity device !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 729 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> US grants patent for anti-gravity device ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US grants patent for anti-gravity device ! - 11/12/2005 6:11:31 PM   
SiliconFreak

Accusations that the US Patent office is giving out dotty patents were given some credence this week after the magazine Nature discovered that the watchdog had just granted one to a bloke who claimed to have invented an anti-gravity machine.

Boris Volfson, of Huntington, is the proud holder of patent 6,960,975, which is for a space vehicle propelled by a superconducting shield that alters the curvature of space-time outside the craft in a way that counteracts gravity.

The interesting thing about the invention is that it defies the laws of physics and is put in the same league as a perpetual motion machine.

The main problem with inventing such a machine is that it implies the availability of unlimited energy, which it is unlikely that Mr Volfson has managed to do yet.

The American Physical Society said it proved that the patent examiners are being duped by false science.

More here.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> US grants patent for anti-gravity device ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI