CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD-R princo 4X white   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 434 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD-R princo 4X white Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD-R princo 4X white - 12/2/2003 9:53:34 AM   
jpcolin

someone uses this ones?
i do and have no problems with it, but i heard some people say they are not goed quality, anyone advice?
Post #: 1
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 12/2/2003 3:50:11 PM   
jpcolin

by the way, I have a pioneer dvr 106D,
My dvd can be read with sony's dvp 305, 525 and in my car, yet to try: PS2, and other dvd players

jpc

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 12/2/2003 4:35:23 PM   
Laffin Assassin

If I was you I would steer clear of them as they are very low quality Media !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 12/3/2003 7:22:52 PM   
souless

you mean princo at all or only the white X4 DVD-R media?
and what exactly do you mean by bad quality what kind of problems might i have?

the reason i ask is because i just purchased 50 medias of that kind and already burned 5 look like they are ok and all the dvd player read them.

thanks.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 4
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 12/9/2003 3:54:16 PM   
Laffin Assassin

From my past nightmares with Princo they scratch very easy and after a few uses the Layers start to fall off and most of the Quality DVD Writers won't even recognise Princo and before Pioneer sorted the firmware for the A06 it wouldn't even write them at 4x only 2x !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 5
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 2/13/2004 4:42:49 PM   
solid killer

I don't know if anybody else has this problem. But I just bought a Pioneer DVR-107D and 10 Princo DVD-R (White). Pretty much the second I hit the BURN button I got an error msg from Nero 6 "Internal Error". At this point the blank itself is stuff and not workable anymore, even though it does seem like there is a single data being written to it.

I have also try burning an ISO with Alcohol 100%, again same thing unsuccessful and stuff up the media. At this point I was a bit worry not sure if is the media or the drive. Try 6 times burning with different stuff and different software all end up with the same result.

Finally went out and got myself a new blank RiDATA according to Nero is manufacture RiTEKG04. Burn some data with Nero WORKS BEAUTIFUL....

PRINCO SUCKS...STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE

P.S.

Just so ppl know, I also try the Princo media with a Panasonic SW9572 Burning. With this burning everything works fine, not a single problem. I burn some DivX episode one 1 Media and some Data onto another. Everything works fine, I was able to play the DVD episode on my Stand alone DVD Player and I were able to read my data files. However to read these disc on my PC I was only able to access it through Panasonic Burning itself and nothing else. Try reading on my Panasonic DVD-ROM and Pioneer DVR-107D was unsuccessful. Neither of these can read the disc at ALL!!

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 6
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 2/14/2004 11:09:49 PM   
MP3Mogul

As Laffin has stated above, this media is NOT worth the money you are paying for it....

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 7
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 2/15/2004 10:00:18 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

As Laffin has stated above, this media is NOT worth the money you are paying for it....

Heck, it's not even worth the shrinkwrap it comes bundled in!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 8
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 3/3/2004 4:47:40 PM   
adarkar

Princo are not good... ok, they play on many players, but I guess that's because my Toshiba SDR-5112 (4X) burns them at 1x, no matter the speed I select from the software.
Even the Toshiba support said they're low-quality media.

BTW, I've found Arita 4x (Ritek G04) and -best- Verbatim Azo 4x original, full branded. They burn at 4x and are played back on every stand-alone player I've seen (6 players until now). Not tested on PS2 or Xbox, though.

I've found the Verbatim original spindle 25-pack for just 45 Euro at a local shop!!! I'm glad to spend 50% more, but get all the quality!

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 9
[Deleted] - 3/3/2004 11:42:55 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to jpcolin)
  Post #: 10
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 3/13/2004 4:16:40 PM   
APVM

I am into cheap media and I found both LongTen and ONIDTECH are cheaper and better than PRINCO, all my Princo burn have higher error near the end where the other two don't have the problem, tho all three media play well with my Apex 1500 stand alone.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 11
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 3/14/2004 3:37:49 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I would like to seriously smack whoever is manufacturing that ONIDTECH media, upside the head. That stuff is utter crap! The only good thing about the media is that it looks cool... and that just isn't enough. I got barely usable results from burning it at 2x, but 4x returned an error right away! (using my Pioneer DVR-107).

As for the Longten code, it could be manufactured by anyone. There is some pretty good stuff going around too, but also some pretty crappy stuff. Just be wary.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 12
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 4/3/2004 4:40:21 AM   
omegayes

I am not sure the Princo white u are talking about is printable orr not. If not, try Princo Printable DVD-R A-Grade, they are better than normal Princo disks. For low price media, Arita 4X + is better.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 13
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 4/3/2004 5:00:18 AM   
omegayes

I forgot to mention, if u use Liteon to burn Princo and Arita media (without changing booktype), all backups can still be played back on ur DVD-ROM of ur computer, but it won't work on ur stand along DVD players.

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 14
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 10/17/2004 9:56:50 PM   
ticondes

I don´t know if someone can help me but I´m having some problens to burn DVDs. I just read now that the cause of my problems could be the media (Princo 4x with white face ) and tomorrow I´ll by a new brand.....I´m using LG 4120B and I just bought 50 pack of Princo 4x to test it and I burned 2 DVDs (Underworld and The Last Samurai) with Princo and both worked fine, but I tried to burn Kill Bill 1 and 2 and when I tried to play in my dvdplayer, after the protection warning (10 sec) the dvd freeze...even in my dvd-rom doesnt work......and this only happens with kill bill 1 and 2.....I thought the problem could me my computer or the nero version so I reinstall all my computer....I´m glad that the problem could be the media and not with my computer or my dvdplayer.

I didnt try others movies because I´m not sure what is the problem.....CAN YOU HELP ME ?

I just want to know if someone had the same problem and what did you do to solve it....

thanks a lot !!!

(in reply to omegayes)
Post #: 15
RE: DVD-R princo 4X white - 10/18/2004 2:02:49 AM   
Iggy

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

Please avoid double posts.

I recomment you to check your other post about this issus.

(in reply to ticondes)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD-R princo 4X white Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI