CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ASUS Announces New 802.11g Wireless Router !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 735 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> ASUS Announces New 802.11g Wireless Router ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ASUS Announces New 802.11g Wireless Router ! - 10/21/2005 6:18:48 PM   
SiliconFreak

ASUS today announced the availability of the WL-55gE wireless router, which incorporated BroadRange Technology and 125* High-Speed Mode claimed to triple signal coverage range and boost data transfer speed, respectively, of the 802.11g wireless standard.

Another innovation that enlarges coverage area is the ASUS-developed Radio Power Control. Simply enter the user-friendly interface of the WL-500gE and select [Advanced]. Find [Radio Power] and adjust output power according to different environments for enhanced signal sensitivity and larger coverage area.

Another feature is Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) that is called to enhance sharing audio and video files. The Wi-Fi Alliance defined WMM as a profile of the upcoming IEEE 802.11e Quality of Service extension for 802.11 networks. WMM defines four access categories – voice, video, best effort, and background – that are used to prioritize traffic to provide enhanced multimedia support.

Speaking of security, there's Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) is the next-generation Wi-Fi security standard, combining the most powerful authentication and encryption techniques, such as the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to provide government-grade security to protect wireless networks from unauthorized use. WPA2 is designed to be backward compatible with the original WPA standard, and therefore, WPA2 also supports TKIP, AES, WPA, WPA-PSK and 802.1x authenticated WPA networks. WEP, ACL and SPI firewall are also included to make sure information doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Source : ASUS
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> ASUS Announces New 802.11g Wireless Router ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI