CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Lite on LDW 411s   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1138 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Lite on LDW 411s Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 12/30/2003 2:00:39 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah give Liteon time as it usually takes them about 6 months and 10 versions of new Firmware to get their Drives working correctly after they release them !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 33
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 12/30/2003 2:33:45 AM   
MP3Mogul

I can't remember, is this why I have never purchased a LiteOn?

Duh...... I think so.... I don't like being a beta test bunny rabbit!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 34
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 12/30/2003 11:45:45 AM   
Screw24

I got FS0G firmware on the first day and installed it. I am still using this, since there is improvement in CD-RW burning (it works now on some medias, which were burned badly with FS0F). And I got better results with DVD-RW medias as well.
At the same time I can confirm that DVD+RW (RICOHJPNW01) are burnt incorrectly with FS0G, but since I am not using those much, I shall stick with FS0G.

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 35
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 12/30/2003 1:20:26 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Screw24: If you plan to keep using that firmware, then I would highly recommend picking up this tool which will allow you to set the book type when burning DVD+Rs on your LiteON burner. So far, this software is only compatible with the LiteON 411s and 811s models running the latest firmware (the one that was removed [B)]). It may also work on the 451s and 851s models, but I'm not sure.

Basically, what this tool allows you to do, is make your DVD+R appear to be a DVD-Video. This can sometimes greatly improve the compatability of a DVD+R in systems that would normally not be able to play it. Future versions of this tool *may* include a similar function for DVD+RWs.

Enjoy!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 36
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 12/30/2003 2:55:06 PM   
Screw24

To Dolphinius_Rex:
Thanks, I'll try.

And Happy New Year to everybody!

Screw

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 37
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 1/1/2004 7:25:19 AM   
Crystallas

I dont care for RW... thats just me. So if anyone has the 0G... please hook me up. 0F is OK, but im still having problems and I'm somewhat desperate to fix the small things. Plus I'd like to use that bitsetting tool seeing that the one that works with the 0F firmware plain out sucks and is not stable while the updated bitset that works w/ 0G has some bugkills.

Tyan Thunder K8WE nUS w/ AMD Opteron 265 pair
4gb pc3200 Corsair XMS ECC
eVGA 7800GTX SLI Video/ Lynx TWO B and Powercore mkII Audio
4x 500gb Hitachi 7k5s 2x r0, 2TB
NEC 3520A/LACIE 300949
Fortron EPS12 550W

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 38
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 1/16/2004 6:44:02 AM   
Boa5703

Hmmmm after reading this post I am wondering if this drive is worth buying. I can it on rebate at circuit city. what do you think?

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 39
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 1/16/2004 4:34:38 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Try using FS0H, I find it resolves all the issues of the previous two firmwares (including the one that was removed), and although I haven't tested it myself, I have heard the bitsetting tool is compatible with it. Another good thing about this firmware is that it adds a *LOT* of new support for previously unsupported DVDRs made by smaller manufacturers. So you will get better burn quality on a lot of the cheaper media you can find then you would with older firmwares. Of course, I would always recommend getting high quality DVDRs and not bothering with the cheap junk anyways

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 40
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 1/17/2004 1:58:14 AM   
MP3Mogul

Boa,

LiteOn drives are okay, but you need to realize, they release their drives without "ANY" research, then they release firmware on the general public "COMPLETELY WITHOUT ANY TESTING" and they go from user complaints to resolve issues with their drives.

If you don't mind this, they eventually work the issues out, but there will be issues on a new drive that they manufacture. If you want a drive without issues, and you don't want to update your firmware once a week, stay away..... However, they are the absolute "BEST" for game backups....... this must also be considered, a little "inconvenience" could be worth it, you will have to be the one to decide..... Happy Burning

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 41
RE: Lite on LDW 411s - 1/17/2004 2:16:01 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

MP3Mogul has it right. Both the LiteON LDW-411s and the LDW-811s have come a *LONG* way with these latest firmwares, and they are both quite decent drives, especially for the price you pay. Just make sure that when LiteON releases their next drive that you give it at least 4-6 months before considering it... unless you don't mind helping in the beta test [:p]

(in reply to erthis)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Lite on LDW 411s Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI