CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1409 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re - 11/9/2003 3:13:08 PM   
chevysales

i have noticed each time i update ultra edition the updater says "demo version" and it lists it in add/remove programs also.

i have nero 6 ultra retail and have updated it each time since 6.0.0.9 but only noticed this about 2 updates back.

anyone else seeing this?

i have gotten my updates from:
http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

so whats up with this now?

no capibilities have been changed as it is fullversion and doesn't say DEMO anywhere but during update whenthe installer shows DEMO and in windows xp home ADD/REMOVE programs.

thanx
Post #: 1
RE: updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re - 11/10/2003 11:55:17 AM   
MP3Mogul

It's just the update, you can rest assured you still have the full retail version. I have noticed this as well.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to chevysales)
Post #: 2
RE: updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re - 11/11/2003 1:43:34 PM   
chevysales

thanx glad i am not alone.

ahead has said it will be fixed in december update.

(in reply to chevysales)
Post #: 3
RE: updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re - 11/12/2003 1:53:31 AM   
MP3Mogul

Yeah, it's nothing, this is due to the fact that Ahead is generous enough to put a "test drive demo, if you will" on their website, so users can try it before they buy it. And the upgrades also come from the demo's, and simply use your licensed key to check, and then apply it as an upgrade!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to chevysales)
Post #: 4
RE: updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re - 11/12/2003 6:08:30 PM   
Matthew

What you install/update with IS the "Demo Download" - which serves all purposes....

1. On it's own, it's a full Demo
2. With a Purchased key, it's try & Buy
3. As an upgrade of, or with a saved OEM key, it's OEM (and regrettably, since "Express" became an option, many OEMs are supplying this heavily crippled version, instead of the older style "OEM" with only drive and marginal functionality restrictions)
4. As an upgrade of Retail, or with a saved Retail key, it's Retail

They moved to this model with 5.5 - previous versions had a main install and smaller updates - a better model for dialup users, in fact!

In 5.5 (and 6.0) - every "update" is/was a full install!

(in reply to chevysales)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> updating nero 6 and shows demo on updater + add/re Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI