CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Volkswagen Plays MP3s from USB Flash Drives !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1043 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Volkswagen Plays MP3s from USB Flash Drives ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Volkswagen Plays MP3s from USB Flash Drives ! - 9/13/2005 9:07:12 AM   
SiliconFreak

The USB-in-cars trend continues as Volkswagen includes a USB port in between the passenger and driver seat for hooking up any Mass Storage Device filled with MP3s, to be controlled by the car radio. The USB connection is offered as an alternative to the 6-disc CD changer, and is priced at 195 euros.

As soon as a drive is plugged in, up six music folders will appear as virtual CDs and the radio's source will automatically change to the CD player. ID3 tag information is retained for display on the head unit, and tracks can be shuffled, skipped, and searched through like any regular CD.

The USB connection will be available this year in the Volkswagen Golf, Golf Plus, and Touran models, and the connection will be in other models as well next year. On a side note, on the models with the USB port, a 30-pin dock connector for Apple iPods is also available under the armrest.eve

Source : EverythingUsb
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Volkswagen Plays MP3s from USB Flash Drives ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI