CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

XDA SP smartphone unveiled by O2 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1065 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> XDA SP smartphone unveiled by O2 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XDA SP smartphone unveiled by O2 ! - 9/12/2005 4:53:54 PM   
SiliconFreak

Powered by Windows Mobile 2003, the O2 XDA XP will offer a 2.2-inch QVGA display, 0.3 MP camera tri-band GSM/GPRS connectivity, Bluetooth 1.1 and a miniSD card expansion slot.

Joining the smartphone race in Europe at long last, O2 today announced the introduction of its Windows Mobile-powered XDA SP smartphone. A successor to the previously released O2 Xphone, which was only made available in Asian markets, the XDA SP features several software and hardware improvements such as a 2.2-inch QVGA display, Bluetooth 1.1 and a miniSD card expansion slot.

Providing a lighter alternative to the O2 XDA Exec, also announced today, the XDA SP unexpectedly does not run on the latest version of Microsoft's Windows Mobile platform, version 5.0, but rather Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Supporting tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz connectivity with GPRS Class 10, the smartphone also includes Bluetooth 1.1, Infrared and USB.

Starring the lead role is the 2.2-inch 65K colour screen with QVGA resolution, with 64 MB of ROM and 32 MB of RAM cast as supporting actors. An integrated 0.3 Megapixel camera is also present, as is an miniSD card expansion slot for extending the amount of available memory up to 1 GB.

Weighing in at 102 g, the XDA SP claims a battery life of up to 140 hours of standby time and up to 4 hours talk time, and is expected to be available in the UK this October. O2 did not provide details concerning the expected pricing of the device.

Source : InfoSyncWorld
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> XDA SP smartphone unveiled by O2 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI