CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DSL Speed 3.0 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1115 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> DSL Speed 3.0 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DSL Speed 3.0 ! - 8/28/2005 5:31:24 PM   
SiliconFreak

Publisher : DSL-speed.org
Size : 1.28MB
Licence : Free to try; $24.95 to buy 
Minimum requirements : Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP 

DSL Speed is a professional tool that will online smart optimize your DSL (ADSL, G.lite, IDSL, SDSL) connection speed to max. Main Features: online verify your ISP's MTU and your DSL unique optimize value. Online and offline optimize your DSL connection speed to max. Faster loading Web pages. Tweaks DNS errors caching in Windows 2000/XP. Tweaks ICS In Windows 98SE.

Version 3.0 adds support for wired and wireless LAN.

Download

Source : Download.com
Post #: 1
RE: DSL Speed 3.0 ! - 8/29/2005 6:05:23 PM   
MP3Mogul

Not to frown on this software, but I have tried EVERY version that they have released and it has NEVER EVER increased anything!

I say TRY it if you want, but I'm sure after you do, you won't buy it....

Do a test BEFORE and AFTER, you'll see there is no improvement... in alot of cases I saw speed decreases.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: DSL Speed 3.0 ! - 8/29/2005 6:23:48 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha....

Well....I havent tested this version, butttttt...I tested many others...and I totally agree with you... Most of such programs just tweak/optimize registry and other values(at least thats what they say they do)...and they say that they actually SPEED UP our connections....hahahahha....thats just physically not possible....i.e....either you have 1Mbit line or you dont....its impossible to i.e....force some 512Kb line to work as 1Mb one... At best...they could improve/optimize our connections that way....that they would reduce software-leaking....i.e....optimize dsl drivers and everything else to the maximum limit....but i guess that has already been done in XP alone... So, more they mess around with already optimized and tested solutions....the bigger chance to get results as you described (to actually decrease speeds)....

Like I said...dont know for this one...but most of them are as you said MP3Mogul....

But...I publish such "new" versions from time to time....because some users want to play around and test...so lets give them what they want....afterall....its up to each individual to decide whether to install something or not....

Good luck guys & girls...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 8/29/2005 6:25:53 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: DSL Speed 3.0 ! - 8/29/2005 7:26:41 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yeah, I know you always publish the updates, and they are definately welcome, I always find something that you posted that I need to go back and update......

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 4
RE: DSL Speed 3.0 ! - 8/29/2005 7:38:35 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahaha....I am glad to help you out.......btw...you probably havent updated this DSL Speed 3.0 yet....so please do so....maybe its a light at the end of the tunnel....who knows!?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> DSL Speed 3.0 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI