CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Recording Problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1527 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Recording Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recording Problem - 10/14/2003 4:35:29 PM   
edq

Hi,

I have been having trouble burning cds. I use a SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T to read data (which seems to work) and an HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B to record data. When I first started burning cd's I used some old generic 80 minute blanks. The first few blanks worked fine but then they started having many errors. An old 74 min cd-rw would still record fine, however. On the strength of some positive reviews, I bought some fuji/taiyo-yuden blanks to try.

These have worked until now. Just a few days ago, however, they stopped recording accurately. I am wondering if this problem is due to a loss of calibration in my burner; the problem appeared after I opened my computor to get some information about my modem. Perhaps my burner was jostled. ALthough the 80 minmute blanks won't record accurately my 74 minute cd-rw, which has a broader groove, works fine.

Any thoughts on how I can correct this problem?

thanks,

Edward Qubain
Post #: 1
RE: Recording Problem - 10/14/2003 7:08:03 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Do you get the same problem if you use your writer as the reader [?]

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to edq)
Post #: 2
RE: Recording Problem - 10/16/2003 4:13:47 PM   
edq

I recorded a cd and compared the file with the cd using the burner. The first time I did this the comparison gave an error in the last track. However, when I did this two more times no error was reported. Perhaps the problem was some dirt.

Edward G. Qubain

(in reply to edq)
Post #: 3
RE: Recording Problem - 10/16/2003 7:56:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, this does sound like a dirt issue. Get a can of compressed air (available at your local shops) and open the tray on the cdrw and clean it thoroughly. The best way to accomplish this is to complete remove the drive, and then the drive's cover for best results. If you are uncomfortable doing this, you can use the first method that I described above.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to edq)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Recording Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI