CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yahoo to offer CNN, ABC video feeds !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 630 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo to offer CNN, ABC video feeds ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yahoo to offer CNN, ABC video feeds ! - 8/1/2005 6:48:53 PM   
SiliconFreak

Yahoo has signed deals with CNN.com and ABC News to expand the content it offers, the company said Monday.

Under the agreements, daily video feeds from the two media companies will be available on Yahoo, starting in September. The news feeds will be supported by advertising and will be free to consumers.

CNN news feeds will include domestic and global news, while ABC News feeds will feature the day's top news stories as well as entertainment and political commentary. The agreement with ABC is an extension of a distribution deal with SBC Yahoo broadband subscribers, Yahoo said.

Other traditional broadcasters are also expanding their online presence. Recently, CBS announced that its news Web site will feature footage not shown on television broadcasts.

The ABC and CNN feeds will be available on the front page of Yahoo News, as well as in coverage packages. Yahoo broadband subscribers will also get the news feeds through ongoing partnerships with SBC Communications, Rogers Cable, BT and Verizon Communications.

"Video content is becoming an increasingly important component of the online news experience for Yahoo News users, and these relationships are an important step in expanding the video content on our site," Scott Moore, vice president of content operations at Yahoo, said in a statement.

Source : CNET News
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo to offer CNN, ABC video feeds ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI