CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Salutare la toti (Hello to all)   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1261 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Salutare la toti (Hello to all) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Salutare la toti (Hello to all) - 7/26/2005 2:07:36 PM   
Gobi

First off just wanaetd to say Hi.
Now I came here for some advices on  what DVD to buy. I am particularly interested in the new BenQ 1640 or the GSA - 4163, although the 1640 is a much newer one from a technological point of view.

I did a google on 1640 problems and other then the lack of Mt. Rainer ( witch I still don't know what it realy does) I realy did not find any REAL problems and I see that it is recomended by tom's hardware and CDRInfo's editor's chioce.and others.

So.... should I wait for newer drives or can I get rid of the CDRW

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Salutare la toti (Hello to all) - 7/26/2005 4:14:11 PM   
cosminnfs

Definetely the 1640. I'm giving you this advice because i own one, and because i also seen many people that have 4163b's, that are very good drives, but the benq can do even better, and many other reasons. Benq all the way. You can find it at emag.ro. That's were i got mine.  And by the way, the mount rainer is very rarely seen on dvd-rw drives, and trust me, it's not a big deal. It is used for using drag and drop (copy and paste) with cd-rw media. So, i suggest you to go for the 1640, but if you want to wait for the next dvd-rw series like the lg gsa4167, or the pioneer dvd-110, and you don't have ~80$ to buy a DVD-RW drive, than you'll be wasting time, because those will be the prices.

(in reply to Gobi)
Post #: 2
RE: Salutare la toti (Hello to all) - 7/27/2005 3:20:57 AM   
emperor

Hi Gobi and welcome to our forums, BenQ DW1640 is a fine drive, we don't know yet, how the new LG GSA-4167B and Pioneer DVR-110

(in reply to cosminnfs)
Post #: 3
RE: Salutare la toti (Hello to all) - 7/27/2005 4:36:46 AM   
Iggy

Welcome!!!

If you need a burner right now BenQ 1640 is excellent and I can't think how better a drive can be.

As for Mt. Rainer is something that you don't need at all. Just ignore it. 

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
RE: Salutare la toti (Hello to all) - 7/27/2005 11:27:54 AM   
Gobi

AHA!

I knew IT :)

Well that's good to hear.
If you would have told me two years ago that there are DVD wreiters better than TEAC  ( witch is still ninja in the CDRW market )(and Plextor also) I would have been a little skeptical.

10x 4 replying.

< Message edited by Gobi -- 7/27/2005 11:29:03 AM >

(in reply to Gobi)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Salutare la toti (Hello to all) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI