CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size Pro 4.0 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1412 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size Pro 4.0 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size Pro 4... - 7/13/2005 10:17:18 AM   
SiliconFreak

See Your File and Folder Size from Windows Explorer with View Folder Size Pro 4.0

Moveax Software Company today announces the unveiling of View Folder Size Pro, the newest version of the slim add-on utility for the Windows platforms. This highly configurable application enables you to view total file and folder size details right from Windows Explorer without having to switch to another application. The application serves as a handier alternative to the standard "Size" column in Windows Explorer. And its unbeatable combination of high speed performance, real-time size information updating and flexible customization options for displaying information make View Folder Size Pro stand out of other competing software.

"View Folder Size is designed for anyone who wants to see the size of computer folders and files at one peek on Windows Explorer," says Andrey Veselov, sales manager at Moveax. "It seamlessly integrates into Windows Explorer and works transparently throughout the OS without cutting down on its performance. You can easily customize the settings related to file and/or folder display style, including metrics which can be in bytes, Kbytes, Mbytes, Gbytes, separator, decimal digits capacity and the format to display additional information. Also, the utility can sort files and folders of any size, display the size of the folder content related to its overall size in percents and graphically - and all this in a couple of clicks."

As compared to its competitors, View Folder Size Pro is a leap ahead in performance, customization flexibility and integration with Windows Explorer. Unlike other utilities of the kind, it updates size-related information in real-time. Therefore you will no longer have to click on the special "Refresh" button to view changes. Also, you have more controls to tailor the viewing style based on your individual preferences. And the last but not least is its integration with Windows Explorer. While the majority of competitors is designed as standalone utilities with a poor imitation of the Windows Explorer's interface, this utility blends with Explorer and can be accessed simply by clicking on the toolbar icon which is more convenient for the user.

View Folder Size Pro Key Features at a Glance
- Real-time size information updating without affecting the OS performance;
- File size representation in any unit, including bytes, Kbytes, Mbytes, Gbytes;
- Auto mode to select optimal units for size representation automatically;
- Sorting feature is available in any mode;
- Size information can be presented in percents;
- Complete integration with Explorer in Windows 2000/XP/2003.

Pricing and Availability
View Folder Size Pro runs under Windows 2000/XP/2003 and costs $19.95 (USD). A version for Windows Me is also available. Registered customers are entitled to free updates and lifetime technical support. A fully functional evaluation version of the program is available as a free download at http://www.moveax.com/downloads/vfspro/ViewFolderSizeProSetup.exe.

About Moveax
Founded in 2003, Moveax is an information technology company that specializes in desktop enhancement software for the Windows platforms. We are dedicated to creating innovative and affordable solutions that enhance the computational habits and productivity of our customers. Our catalogue offers such products as View Folder Size Pro and View Folder Size. New titles are to be issued in autumn 2005. For more information about the company and products, visit http://www.moveax.com.

Source : Moveax Press Release
Post #: 1
RE: Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size P... - 7/13/2005 4:20:38 PM   
Matthew

Maybe not quite as detailed, but if you just want to add a "folder size" column
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/foldersize.htm
This is FREE

It does have some issues, the sort order of this free one does not take the magnitude into account, so 18MB will sort above 19KB.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size P... - 7/14/2005 8:38:53 AM   
SiliconFreak

VERY INTERESTING info, Matthew! Thanks!

This add-on can surely be very handy sometimes...

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 3
RE: Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size P... - 7/21/2005 4:30:27 AM   
SlimShady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthew
Maybe not quite as detailed, but if you just want to add a "folder size" column

I try it...
Small and free but
- only 1 column
- can't sort by size
- not customizable  :(
- and very-very slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ow :((

So i'm prefer use ViewFolderSize Pro.

< Message edited by SlimShady -- 7/21/2005 4:31:38 AM >

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 4
RE: Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size P... - 7/22/2005 6:30:36 PM   
Matthew

Time I got another update to an old favourite
http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/
Now THIS really lets you visualize the space usage, though not in explorer

(in reply to SlimShady)
Post #: 5
RE: Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size P... - 7/23/2005 12:29:55 AM   
SlimShady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthew
Now THIS really lets you visualize the space usage, though not in explorer

Thanks. Look good. But (to be honest) work slow.
Let's talk about folder size Explorer extension here. Did you know more? (may be something better than ViewFolderSize Pro and free)

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Moveax Software Company Releases View Folder Size Pro 4.0 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI