CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

cd burning for dummies...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 788 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> cd burning for dummies... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cd burning for dummies... - 6/24/2005 8:38:30 AM   
virginburner

Let me just say "I'm so sorry" to all of you out there that think my questions may be a bit infantile and simple, but this is new to me and I am sooo frustrated!  It should be easier than this!!!
Why does my computer not let me burn data to a disk (cd-rw) when I try? I formated the disk before I tried.  Then I get a message that my d: drive is busy when I'm not doing anything!  And it won't let me try to burn...I am so frustrated!  Please help!
Post #: 1
RE: cd burning for dummies... - 6/24/2005 12:03:07 PM   
greeco

hello!!please make sure that your device works properly-something very easy to find,just by checking the device manager in windows.Find your drive there and make sure everything is o.k!does your drive(cd rom)have a reading problem too?here in our forum,you will find an adress for flashing the firmware of your drive.keep in mind that several compatibility problems can be solved just by updating your firmware!!If your cd rom can't read at all-then it is a broken drive or the connections or settings of the drive(jumpers)are wrong.have you recently made any changes to your system?if yes-check again the connectivity.if connectivity is o.k and your drive is new then try using another software!!not all software are 100% compatible with all cd rom drives.usually,using the software provided WITH your cd rom is the best solution,as it has been thouroghly tested and works just fine!

(in reply to virginburner)
Post #: 2
RE: cd burning for dummies... - 6/24/2005 12:38:38 PM   
Iggy

Do you have any packet writing software installed, such as InCD?

(in reply to greeco)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> cd burning for dummies... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI