CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Nanometer Process Technology !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1015 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Nanometer Process Technology ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Nanome... - 6/23/2005 7:28:00 AM   
SiliconFreak

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing a monolithic 1 Gigabit (Gb) DRAM chip using more operationally efficient and performance-enhancing 90 nanometer (nm) processing.

Samsung expects the 90nm 1Gb DRAM to become the leading memory product over the next two years. It has lower power consumption, is much less prone to overheating, provides much greater signal integrity and delivers the best overall performance of any DRAM chip today.

"By rapidly moving to 90nm production technology in the production of 1Gb main memory, we are leading the way in attaining the highest density modules afforded by smaller geometries and accompanying manufacturing refinements," said Jon Kang, senior vice president, technical marketing, Samsung Semiconductor Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.

The 1Gb DRAM is a rapidly growing part of Samsung's memory business, both in DDR1 and DDR2 memory chips. By the fourth quarter of this year, the company will be ramping monthly production of 1Gb DRAM using the 90nm process.

Last month, the Samsung 90nm 1Gb DDR2 400/533 DRAM chip passed Intel Corporation's supplier component validation testing, after completing the company's own component qualification process.

Further increasing its economies of scale, Samsung has integrated its 90nm processes to allow the use of a "combo die" methodology for varying production levels of 1Gb DDR1 and 1Gb DDR2 by changing masks. Samsung will manufacture high-density modules with x4, x8 and x16 versions of the new 90nm 1Gb monolithic device for the server market to take full advantage of 64-bit computing environments.

According to market analyst firm Dataquest, the 1Gb DRAM market will grow rapidly, from $1.3 billion in 2005 to $17 billion by 2008 at a CAGR of 105 percent.

Source : BusinessWire
Post #: 1
RE: Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Na... - 6/26/2005 2:12:58 PM   
semo

quote:

According to market analyst firm Dataquest, the 1Gb DRAM market will grow rapidly, from $1.3 billion in 2005 to $17 billion by 2008 at a CAGR of 105 percent.

well i don't see how that growth will be achieved since i personally won't buy any 1gb sticks in that specific time frame.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Na... - 6/27/2005 7:49:19 AM   
SiliconFreak

But many others will......at least those who wouldnt like to go back to stone age...so which side will you choose?

btw...just wonder...what will you have in 2008 then? because 256 and 512MB ram sticks surelly wont be around anymore...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 6/27/2005 7:50:18 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Na... - 6/27/2005 11:06:29 AM   
semo

probably a 2gigabyte stone... orrr something...

Post #: 4
RE: Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Na... - 6/27/2005 12:47:05 PM   
SiliconFreak

...there will always be SOMETHING....i dont doubt that...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung First to Produce 1Gb DDR2 DRAM, Using 90 Nanometer Process Technology ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI