CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1484 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution - 8/26/2003 11:24:21 AM   
Leo1016

Hello everyone, I found this website quite useful after I found it. Recently my Yamaha CDRW-F1E has been burning at a VERY SLOW speed. It took almost 5 minutes to completly burn a 80min disc. This never happened before. Thats when I started looking around on the internet and stumbled across this website.

Anyhow, I was reading some of your guys' past topics about upgrading firmwares and such. I read one who was having the same problem as I. The postee wanted to find the older version of the firmware thinking it was because of the newer firmware that it was burning a lot slower. He was looking for 1.0c and they currently had 1.0e installed. You guys suggested NOT to downgrade just because the newer firmware was a better choice.

Anyways, I went to Yamaha's website and downloaded their newest firmware update which is 1.0d. Before I installed it, I checked to see what firmware I had. It was 1.0f. The version 1.0f was the one "lagging" my CD writer to burn slowly. I installed the 1.0d firmware that I had downloaded off Yamaha's website and tried burning an audio cd; exact same one that I had problems with before. SUCCESS!! Not only can I play spider solitaire while I burn and not see my cards move in frames, but I can also listen to music without it interrupting my music every 3 seconds.

So in conclusion, I did take the time to think about NOT downgrading to 1.0c, but after I installed it, I dont think I could go back to 1.0f(even though I dont know where and how I got it in the first place) If anyone thinks I SHOULD go back to 1.0f and can explain to me how I can maintain my current burn times and such, I would love to here your suggestions.

If you would like to download the firmware you can visit the official website.
http://www.yamahamultimedia.com/yec/helpcenter/customer/help_win/CRWF1ZEN_Whelp.html

Thanks a lot. I am happy to be a new member and this being my first post, I would be ecstatic to hear your replies.

-Leo
Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution - 8/26/2003 3:53:29 PM   
MP3Mogul

Actually, the current firmware is 1.0g, there is nothing wrong with any of the firmwares that you have mentioned, I have tested all of the released firmware versions, and have never had a problem. Usually the problem, that you mention, is due to installed software, that is creating problems/conflicts.

The current 1.0g firmware for the CRW-F1 will give you the "most" of tested media and their capabilities for your drive. Yamaha will test media, and if there are quality issues, then the burn speed for that specific media, will be reduced by the firmware upgrade. If you use Nero, you can "over-ride" this function if you want by unchecking the box "Optimum Write Speed Control", and then you can write at the full 44X if you want.

Further, Yamaha, "unlike" other CDRW Manufacturers, does not release "BETA" firmware for the general public to test, have you noticed that some companies release a firmware every week it seems? You can rest assured, that the Yamaha firmware, was thoroughly tested before it was released to the public!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Leo1016)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution - 8/26/2003 4:14:04 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I totally Agree with MP3Mogul and there has never been any reason to Downgrade the F1 Firmware it is usually either down to the Software or Cheap Low Quality Media when you get problems !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Leo1016)
Post #: 3
RE: Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution - 9/1/2003 2:51:47 AM   
Leo1016

Well first off I'd like to thank you two you both for replying to my post.

Mp3Mogul, you say there is a 1.0g. Would you happen to know where I could download it?

Thanks, Leo

(in reply to Leo1016)
Post #: 4
RE: Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution - 9/1/2003 3:01:00 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Again Leo
Just go to :-
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/fw-10.html
And you can Download it from there !!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Leo1016)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha CDRW-F1E Firmware Solution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI