CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for Apple Shuffle !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1098 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for Apple Shuffle ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for Appl... - 5/27/2005 9:25:08 AM   
SiliconFreak

Samsung Electronics and Toshiba are aggressively planning to ramp up their output of 8Gbit NAND flash chips, as Apple Computer plans to roll out 2GB and 4GB versions of its iPod Shuffle this June and August, respectively, according to sources at NAND flash makers.

Apple and Toshiba had no comment on the news, while Samsung did not reply to requests for a comment at the time of publication.

Samsung Electronics was reported to have started volume production of 8Gbit NAND flash memory in April of this year, while Toshiba stated it will begin producing 8Gbit parts this summer.

Apple currently offers 512MB and 1GB iPod Shuffle models.

Currently, only Samsung and Toshiba have the ability to volume produce 8Gbit NAND flash, with both companies producing the parts using 90nm technology, the sources said.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
RE: Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for ... - 5/29/2005 12:18:28 PM   
semo

good news. some usb (or key) drives using samsung's chips i've been following (stalking almost) have fallen in price recently. too bad a lot of that memory will be wasted on that ipod junk. who said apples were good for you

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for ... - 5/30/2005 7:25:16 AM   
SiliconFreak

You Stalker You...

Rather buy them.......ohhh no...wait...what if...and....what if....huhhhhhhh....(You cynic You....now i know why You just stalk them....because You have too many IFs in Your mind...)

Just turn of that cynicism...buy 2 or 3 those keys....maybe also some 3 or 4 iPods....and so on.......and...You will soon feel much better...trust me...

Good luck!

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 3
RE: Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for ... - 5/30/2005 9:29:54 AM   
semo

yes i trust you. i'll feel much better. but soon after that (when i've gazed at the shiny objects, played around, pressed a few buttons and realized that i've wasted my money) i'll feel like stalking you

muhauhauhah...

ahem. anyway. i've caved in and i'm buying a dw1620. not waiting for stupid lightscribe anymore. when it matures a bit and prices fall i'll get on that bandwagon again before you can say "ooooh look at the shiny monochrome pictures"

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for ... - 5/30/2005 3:28:03 PM   
SiliconFreak

Congratulations....

No more waiting...just pure action...thats the spirit...

I (personally) think that if you really need some product...you should go for it...maybe read some reviews before taking action, and see where you may find it as cheap as possible,then buy it...but if not...then just wait few more weeks, months...because new, better and cheaper products will always come by....no matter what...so its up to each individual to decide whether to buy something now, or just wait for better (and/or cheaper) products...

Example....one thing that I've learned is...never buy some upgradeable motherboard again...because after some year or two (when upgrade time comes)...in 95% of cases....technology will surely pick some new way...so even if you could upgrade CPU (which will be very hard because pin count is changing nonstop )...then you will suffer at RAM area....and if not....then at Graphics for sure (although PCI-e should be here for quite some time...but...you never know what will happen in 2-3 years from now....4GBps wont be enough anymore if someone asks me...at least manufacturers will try to convince us into that...and will start making M/B with some "new" "inovative" "faster" "state-of-the art" (and what is most important here...MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE! for buyers) technology, without even asking users-buyers of what our opinion is....i.e....AGP 8x still isnt used to its limit with todays fastest Graphics cards and PCI-e maybe offers some 10% increase over AGP8x...so by my opinion PCI-e isnt worth it yet...although....within few months...there almost wont be any AGP motherboards on market!)

Thats it people....enjoy and have a nice day/night....

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung and Toshiba to supply 8Gbit NAND flash for Apple Shuffle ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI