CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

smart-burn software compatibility   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1323 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> smart-burn software compatibility Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
smart-burn software compatibility - 8/27/2001 7:01:15 PM   
honold

i'm debating getting a lite-on 24x over the plextor, but i'm curious about smart-burn. there's little/no info about it on the web, and one post on the usenet said that smart-burn IS burn-proof (which i doubt). what software supports smart-burn? do you lite-on 24x owners even care?

Post #: 1
RE: smart-burn software compatibility - 8/27/2001 7:27:27 PM   
ferrari250gto

well, so far it seems to be working good for me. My system is a p200 and so far I was able to burn 12x certified media at 16x+ without any problem. and the burnproof/smartburn cut in once or twice and does its job nicely. no coaster yet from this burner. It actually burn better quality cds than my yamaha 4416.

(in reply to honold)
Post #: 2
RE: smart-burn software compatibility - 8/27/2001 7:39:56 PM   
honold

nonono...what i'm saying is that smart-burn and burn-proof should be two different things. it isn't 'automatically' supported by cd burning software. most software supports burn-proof, but i've seen nothing that supports smart-burn.

(in reply to honold)
Post #: 3
RE: smart-burn software compatibility - 8/27/2001 7:40:48 PM   
honold

addendum: i just noticed you said 16x. the first models of the lite-on 16x supported burn-proof - they didn't use smart-burn.

(in reply to honold)
Post #: 4
RE: smart-burn software compatibility - 8/27/2001 7:41:28 PM   
honold

also, why in god's name are you using a p200?! an athlon 1.4 costs $107...

(in reply to honold)
Post #: 5
RE: smart-burn software compatibility - 8/28/2001 11:29:56 PM   
ferrari250gto

guess i am still a bit nostalgic about things ;). anyway, as far as i know about it, whatever supports burnproof would probably support smartburn. hasnt have a problem with a software not supporting the drive yet. Of course i need to upgrade my cdrwin since my older ver of 4a doesn't even show the writer at all.

btw, if this burner works great with even a lowly p200, you can bet that it will fly with a faster system.

I did try to burn at 24x once, didn't think that my p200 could keep up, but well, thanx to nero nicely written code, it did. burnproof/smartburn only cut in once or twice.

(in reply to honold)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> smart-burn software compatibility Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI