CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 695 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 8:44:53 AM   
WinThusiast

MS has been promising an upgrade path to Win64 for a while.

It is finally here, or more to the point, here. For those who don't want to read it all, there are a lot of asterisks for this almost free upgrade.

You need to have Pro based version, not a Home one, and it had to have come pre-installed on your computer. You lose the original license, and have to format your drive, but they still call it in EULA terms an 'upgrade'. There appears to be no real upgrade.

The page also makes it appear to be a very driver-light release, but I don't have a copy so I can't say for sure. It also does a very un-MS like thing and absolves the OEM of support responsibilities while giving you a single free support call.

All of this costs $12 shipping and handling, $22 if you are out of the US. You can also check out a few more pages here and here.

Source : The Inquirer
Post #: 1
RE: Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 5:46:44 PM   
MP3Mogul

I got a free copy from them in the mail a while back, when they were offering, completely registered with Key, how nice of MS to give something free away.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 6:15:53 PM   
SiliconFreak

Its true MP3...M$ is surely improving...a while ago I ordered (just out of couriosity) SP2 Disk...and...almost couldnt believe it....they really sent it totally free... That surely is a very nice move from them ...if only they lowered prices of their products and add better functionality and security to them....and...voilaaaaaaaaaaa...they would surely be nr.1...not just in earnings but also in people's eyes...

Have fun everybody!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 7:28:30 PM   
MP3Mogul

I agree with you very much! They are starting to improve a bit, and actually care about customers... Imagine that.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 10:37:47 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hard to believe.....but true... I hope they will keep on improving in all areas (customers related, safety, reliability, performance...etc..etc...), because they surely have the potential...but they are loosing it when it comes to all their policies, high prices, and neverending line of patching... Instead of working on some new hardcore updating systems (to -as they say- prevent un-original copies of Windows (and other Microsoft products) of being updated in future -- which could never be done sucessfully if someone asks me ), they should rather dedicate more of their time to more friendly relation with buyers, maybe start some action every few months...."All Windows OS's - 50% OFF - 14-18.February Only! - For all lovers out there... Kisses to all, Bill!" - could You imagine seeing that kind of ad? Neither could I...not in this lifetime...

Got to run....party time...ENJOY!

Post #: 5
RE: Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! - 4/25/2005 10:38:24 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hard to believe.....but true... I hope they will keep on improving in all areas (customers related, safety, reliability, performance...etc..etc...), because they surely have the potential...but they are loosing it when it comes to all their policies, high prices, and neverending line of patching... Instead of working on some new hardcore updating systems (to -as they say- prevent un-original copies of Windows (and other Microsoft products) of being updated in future -- which could never be done sucessfully if someone asks me ), they should rather dedicate more of their time to more friendly relation with buyers, maybe start some action every few months...."All Windows OS's - 50% OFF - 14-18.February Only! - For all lovers out there... Kisses to all, Bill!" - could You imagine seeing that kind of ad? Neither could I...not in this lifetime...

Got to run....party time...ENJOY!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Get Your Free Win64 Upgrade Here ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI