CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1089 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/18/2005 3:33:08 PM   
wdang

Does anyone have problem burning DVD+R with a Lite-On 1673S? How do you fix it? I just bought this drive and when I try to copy a home made DVD using a Verbatim DVD+R Inkjet Printable blank, I keep getting a message "Error! you should use DVD-R/RW disc for this compilation" or something like that. The Lite-on 1673S box and the manual say the drive is both read and write compatible with DVD+R/RW disc. The Lite-on website does not have a new firmware for this drive. I even updated the burning software to Nero Express 6 Ultra Edition but stil have the same problem. Call to Lite-on tech support of course did not yield any result. The tech support guy at Lite-on routed my call to Nero.com which wanted me to enter my credit card number first before they even talk to me, so I just hung up.
Post #: 1
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/18/2005 5:15:27 PM   
guspino

Are you doing a disk to disk copy?
Have you tried ripping your home DVD to hard disk first?

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 2
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/18/2005 10:17:26 PM   
wdang

Yes, I did a disk to disk copy and I din't have
any problem creating a DVD image on the hard drive.
But when I tried to burn the image onto a DVD+R, that's
when I have the problem that I described earlier.

(in reply to guspino)
Post #: 3
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/18/2005 10:53:53 PM   
guspino

Rip the DVD first (eg with Decryptor or DVDshrink) to your hard drive
Then use Nero to burn the DVD video folders.
May work for you.

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 4
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/18/2005 11:52:29 PM   
The Black Wizard

Go to Codeguys website(Search codeguys in Google, if not sure where to go). They have new JS05 firmware(Stock firmware for drive is JS02). You can use their Omnipatcher Tools to tweak the firmware and IMPROVE DVD+R burning, increase media writing speed.

(in reply to guspino)
Post #: 5
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 9:03:16 AM   
wdang

As I said in my other reply to your previous message, I did rip the DVD and created an image of it then stored the image on my hard drive. I didn't have problem doing so. But when I tried copy burn the image to the DVD+R, I got an error message saying I use the wrong disc type. Apparently, the Lite-on 1673S can only burn with DVD-R/RW even though both the box and the manual say it be used with DV+R/+RW discs also. There's no new firmware for this drive at Lite-on website. I also updated the Nero software with the latest Nero Express 6 Ultra Ed. and this does not help either.

(in reply to guspino)
Post #: 6
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 9:45:24 AM   
wdang

Are you sure this firmware update is for the Lite-on 1673S. My drive is less than one month old. I don't want to damage it if the firmware is not compatible with it.

(in reply to The Black Wizard)
Post #: 7
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 10:47:21 AM   
The Black Wizard

YES. Codeguys are great!!! Use Lite-On Flash for Windows and Backup your current firmware first, if you're unsure!!!

< Message edited by The Black Wizard -- 4/19/2005 10:49:57 AM >

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 8
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 11:12:45 AM   
wdang

Thanks Black Wizard, I'll give it a try.

Post #: 9
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 1:53:51 PM   
wdang

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Black Wizard

YES. Codeguys are great!!! Use Lite-On Flash for Windows and Backup your current firmware first, if you're unsure!!!

Black Wizard,

I just flashed my drive with the new firmware from Codeguys and it does not help a bit. Here's the exact error message that I get everytime :

"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of correct type or modify the settings of your compilataion to make it compatible with the current disc.

Disc required for this compilation: DVD -R/RW
Disc type in the recorder: DVD+R "

I don't know what it means by modify the settings. The only setting I can think of in Nero SmartStart is not to check for the correct disc type, and that's what I did before ripping an image of the source disc and before I burnt the image to the DVD+R. In other words, I unchecked the "Check for correct disc format for this compilation" question before I copied and burnt. This Nero software reminds me of the crappy CD Creator Deluxe version 5.3 I bought years ago. Both the Nero and CD Creator software do have an impressive user interface and that's about it. Neither software ain't worth sh!t. I did manage to download a plain vanila DVD Decryptor program on the internet. Despite it's plain vanila look-and-feel, this DVD Decryptor allows me to burn the image of the DVD on my hard drive (which I created with the Nero SmartStart) to a Verbatim DVD+R without any problems.

Post #: 10
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 7:04:33 PM   
The Black Wizard

Did you tweak the firmware?
Did you modify any media codes?
Did you Bitset?
Would be glad to answer any questions......
I have tried MANY, MANY differnet programs(DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, Nero 6 flavours, DVD X COPY Platinum, DVD Fab Platinum, CloneDVD, Alcohol, Ulead) and the list does go on, but to get to the point, DVD Decrypter & Shrink, buth freeware!!! are the best DVD programs to burn with using a LITE-ON burner...

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 11
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 7:07:35 PM   
The Black Wizard

In DVD Decrypter, if you don't want VOB files, click "Mode", "ISO", "Read"/"Write"
Just do the opposite if you don't want ISO files.

Post #: 12
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 7:11:35 PM   
guspino

I do lots of home DVD movies.
I have done at least 15 disks to +R
I have used both firmware JSO2 & JS05 with no problems.
When you rip the DVD with Decryptor use file mode to create DVD folder
This gives you a AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders. (NOT an IMAGE)
Then I use Nero to burn the folders as DVD Video.
Works perfect for me.

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 13
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 8:13:37 PM   
wdang

guspino, Black Wizard:

Thanks for your help. Since this is my first DVD burner and since I've never burnt a DVD until now, things like bit set, media codes, ISO and all the goodies that you guys mentioned have no meaning to me. I guess I have a lot to catch up. So both of you think DVD Decryptor is a better software for burning DVD on a Lite-on drive? I think I should spend more time learning this program and just forget about the crappy Nero. Thanks again for your time.

(in reply to guspino)
Post #: 14
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/19/2005 9:13:08 PM   
MP3Mogul

LOL... you cannot Beat NERO!!!!!!! You'll soon realize!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to wdang)
Post #: 15
RE: Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem - 4/20/2005 8:46:37 AM   
wdang

I realize that Nero is a fancy software with all kinds of neat features but if I can't copy a home made DVD movie then those fancy stuffs will not do me any good.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

LOL... you cannot Beat NERO!!!!!!! You'll soon realize!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Lite-on 1673S DVD+R burn problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI