CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RightMark CPU Clock Utility 1.4 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1274 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> RightMark CPU Clock Utility 1.4 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RightMark CPU Clock Utility 1.4 ! - 4/14/2005 9:09:31 PM   
SiliconFreak

Author: RightMark Gathering
Size: 210 Kb
License: Freeware
Requires: Win All

RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a GUI application designed for realtime CPU frequency/load monitoring and on-the-fly adjustment of the CPU multiplier (FID) and voltage level (VID) of the supported CPUs via processor's power management model specific registers (MSRs). In auto-management mode it continuously monitors the CPU usage level and dynamically adjusts the CPU frequency and/or voltage level as needed.

Features

- Realtime CPU clock and CPU/OS load level monitoring (with logging).
- Detection of virtually any form of CPU clock throttling.
- Dynamic CPU performance state transitions (realtime adjustment of CPU multiplier, FID, and voltage level, VID) "on demand" on supported CPU models.
- Advanced CPU-specific power management settings for AMD K7/K8 and Intel Pentium M/Pentium 4/Xeon CPU families.
Support for multi-processor (SMP/HT) systems.

Download

Source : MajorGeeks
Post #: 1
RE: RightMark CPU Clock Utility 1.4 ! - 4/17/2005 3:45:54 PM   
Matthew

This is powerful stuff!

It's up to 1.5 now
http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml - more info - screenshot still shows 1.4

My CPU, an Intel P4 640
Windows offers two levels of control... at "Always on", it idles the 3.2GHZ CPU at 2.8Ghx and mid-level voltage, kicking to full immediately on any demand
At "Minimal saving" it idles at the lowes voltage, but a full single thread load is not met with a speed boost, as it seems to be read as only 50% load across the two HT CPU subunits.

With this tool, at "automatic" you get a sensible load response, even with the slider all the way to powersave - a full singlethrea load, is immediately answered with full speed

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> RightMark CPU Clock Utility 1.4 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI