CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which Memory Type Will Be Used For R520 "Fudo" And G70 ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 718 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Which Memory Type Will Be Used For R520 "Fudo" And G70 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which Memory Type Will Be Used For R520 "Fudo"... - 4/13/2005 2:07:25 PM   
SiliconFreak

1.4 ns or faster than 1400MHz...

Since we are getting closer and closer to the release of the R520 chip codenamed "Fudo", it is time to start wondering what kind of memory this chip might use. It's very easy to get the picture and you can just surf the web and actually see what kind of memory is available now.

What you can get at this moment is Samsung DDR 3, 1.4 ns memory, capable of working at an amazing 1400MHz. At this time the fastest memory clock used in graphic cards is 1180MHz, available for example on X850 XT PE cards. We know that these cards are using DDR 3 600 memory capable of working at up to 1200MHz so ATI is almost pushing the limits here.

Samsung even sampled DDR 3, 800MHz memory working at 1.2 ns to its customers but we doubt that ATI or Nvidia will use this. It will be rare and very expensive but will drive your card up to 1600MHz and some huge amounts of bandwidth.

This memory will be handy to power all the bandwidth greedy pipelines and make the solution as fast as it should be. You need a lot of bandwidth for 24 or even 32 pipelines, so therefore you need to use very fast memory such is this.

We are still unable to give you exact frequency numbers of memory that ATI or Nvidia plans to use but these are details that will be finalised just days before the companies' launch of its next generation latest and greatest cards.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Which Memory Type Will Be Used For R520 "Fudo" And G70 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI