CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any)   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 763 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/4/2003 12:04:55 AM   
tripplesixty

I was wondering if anyone has bought the new Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne expansion, and successfully backed it up. If any one has any information on the copyright or burning method for this it would be GREATLY APPRICITATED.

When I get the game tomorrow I will let you guys know anything that I can find out about it. Cheers!!!

Go here to learn to coppy The Frozen Throne

http://cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10979
Post #: 1
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/5/2003 9:29:11 PM   
tripplesixty

OK, I just bought the new Frozen Throne Expansion. I used Clony XXL to find the copyright and it comes up as "SecuRom *New". So I suppose that you could make a backup copy the exact same way stated here http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10606. I was having too much fun playing the game so I didnít have enough time to copy it. Ill keep you updated and let you know when I have successfully backed it up. Cheers

UPDATE

[B)] sorry to say but Iíve tried this a couple of times and it has not yet worked. I think Blizzard put a few new surprises in this version of the copyright. Read down to find out how to get around this.

When the burning gets tough, the LiteOn gets going !!!!! (Thanks Albinoni thats a good one)

(in reply to tripplesixty)
Post #: 2
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/6/2003 3:35:05 AM   
tripplesixty

Unfortunatly I was unable to backup the game via the ways stated obove. I guess the SecuRom is "SecuRom *New 4.x", so that didnt help me at all. If anyone has any info please tell me. Thanks

When the burning gets tough, the LiteOn gets going !!!!! (Thanks Albinoni thats a good one)

Post #: 3
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/6/2003 6:38:09 AM   
tripplesixty

[B)] Ok, I havenít found out how to make and exact copy/backup of Frozen Throne yet, but I have found a way around it. You can burn the cd almost anyway you like, because in this case you donít need to bypass the copyright, you just need a disk that will complete a full install. Once you had a disk with that will install Frozen Throne completely (I did not say that the disk has to start, the Frozen Throne disk just has to install) Now install it. If you try the game most likely wont start and it will give you the "please verify that the disk is in the drive" but all you have to do is insert your original WarCraft 3 Reign of Chaos cd (original or copied) and it will authorize and start. You need to install the original anyways to play Frozen Throne so that shouldnít be a problem at all.

Basically all you have is, wc3 Reign of Chaos complete 1:1 (learn to burn wc3 1:1 here http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10606), and a disk with the Frozen Throne install files. Then once FT is installed you use the Reign of Chaos cd as your game play cd and it should work. Hope this helps.

If anyone finds out away to completely make a 1:1 copy please put it in this forum

Post #: 4
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/12/2003 2:42:58 AM   
Morphal

I was able to make an image of my Frozen Throne CD using Alcohol 120% version 1.4.3 build 410. I went to Image Making Wizard, selected Securom *NEW (V4.x) for Datatype, and selected only Skip reading errors, Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc, and Data Position Measurement (Precision: High). I did not select Fast skip error blocks. I clicked Next, and on the next screen I selected Media Descriptor Image file(*.mds) for the Image Format, as it was the only option available. After I clicked Start, it asked me for the DPM Measuring Speed, and I selected Maximum. After it finished, I mounted the .mds file and played the game. I'm not sure if this is what everyone else was trying, but it worked for me. Also, I didn't try burning the image to a CD-R, as I didn't really need to, since I already have a TFT cd---all I wanted to do is play without having to insert a CD.

Post #: 5
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/15/2003 8:39:05 PM   
kuba.g

I have tried Morphal's way of backuppong the Frozen Throne CD but it didn't work, i wonder what i did wrong. I don't unerstand tripplesixty's way out could you please explain it to me more clearly?

Thank you
Kuba.

Post #: 6
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/16/2003 6:32:37 AM   
tripplesixty

quote:
Originally posted by kuba.g

I have tried Morphal's way of backuppong the Frozen Throne CD but it didn't work, i wonder what i did wrong. I don't unerstand tripplesixty's way out could you please explain it to me more clearly?

Thank you
Kuba.

Kuba. The way you can get around having to coppy TFT is to get or burn a copy of wc3 Reign of Chaos (learn to do that here)http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10606. Then all you do is install TFT and use the wc3 Reign of Chaos CD to play. The Riegn of Chaos will work for playing both games. Try this and let me know if it works. Cheers

Post #: 7
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/16/2003 3:19:39 PM   
kuba.g

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now it work perfectly!

I still have 1 more question to you, how did you find out that Warcraft 3 is protected with Securom New?

Kuba.

quote:
Originally posted by tripplesixty

quote:
Originally posted by kuba.g

Thank you
Kuba.

Kuba. The way you can get around having to coppy TFT is to get or burn a copy of wc3 Reign of Chaos (learn to do that here)http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10606. Then all you do is install TFT and use the wc3 Reign of Chaos CD to play. The Riegn of Chaos will work for playing both games. Try this and let me know if it works. Cheers

Post #: 8
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/16/2003 3:44:36 PM   
Jimmys

Use clonyxxl,it will scan your media and show you what is the copy protection of the disc.

Post #: 9
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/16/2003 8:43:28 PM   
kuba.g

I never heard of that program.
How much does Clonyxxl cost?
Or if its free where can i download it?

Thank you very much.
Kuba.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmys

Use clonyxxl,it will scan your media and show you what is the copy protection of the disc.

Post #: 10
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/16/2003 9:26:37 PM   
kuba.g

Never mind.
I found ClonlyXXL myself.
Its a good program

Thank you.
Kuba

Post #: 11
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/19/2003 4:03:52 AM   
Hilan

I have been able to make copies of Frozen Throne using Blindwrite or Twinpeak with ClonCD. The copies could be played on most cdrom or dvdrom. Only 1 out of my 2 Toshiba dvdroms 1612 could play.

Post #: 12
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/19/2003 7:01:24 PM   
tripplesixty

quote:
Originally posted by Hilan

I have been able to make copies of Frozen Throne using Blindwrite or Twinpeak with ClonCD. The copies could be played on most cdrom or dvdrom. Only 1 out of my 2 Toshiba dvdroms 1612 could play.

So are they complete working coppies? Will they install and play? If they do play on dvd drives i'll have to try that. Please let me know. Thanks

Post #: 13
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/20/2003 1:16:50 PM   
Clint

There is a way...

Grab a Plextor Premium, v1.03, and latest Blindsuite

Post #: 14
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/22/2003 10:04:53 PM   
RYO SAEBA

Hilan hes right. I have sucessfully backup a copy of Frozer Throne using lastest blindwrite suite and Liteon 48246S. And I have play it on my 16x Liteon DVD rom. Not sure with other cdrom tho. Thanks for the advise Hilan.

Post #: 15
RE: Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) - 7/24/2003 2:43:49 AM   
tripplesixty

Would one of you please give the exact way that you coppied TFT using blindwrite and/or clone CD. Thanks

Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Frozen Throne Info! (please reply if you have any) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI