CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1296 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! - 4/5/2005 1:00:31 PM   
WinThusiast

We had a chance to play with the last public beta of upcoming Windows XP 64 bit operating system and were thrilled to learn that this version actually works much faster with the "network neighbourhood" feature.

Imagine our surprise to learn that you can almost instantly find computers in your lab network and almost instantly be able to list them and access any of them.

With the standard Windows XP Pro it takes at least a few seconds just to list the computers, and we are talking about computer in local network connected through same router or switch.

Drivers for other devices are ready and you won't miss much when you go to Windows XP 64 bit edition, but beware that you have to use 64 bit drivers only. This will come for free as you will be able to exchange your 32 bit copy for 64 without charge.

Source : The Inquirer
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! - 4/5/2005 2:20:21 PM   
SithTracy

I'd like to keep my WinXP32 around... Does anyone know the cost of WinXP64 and when it will hit retail shelves or OEM retailers? And better yet, does MS have a hardware compatability site indicating who might have 64 bit drivers.

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! - 4/5/2005 4:05:35 PM   
emperor

yes even i ordered the new P4 with 64bit extensions i think will still use the old Win32x...

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! - 4/5/2005 8:41:42 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi guys...

Interesting reading indeed....well...I did a little research about WinXP x64 supported drivers,hardware and stuff...but found nothing useful at Microsoft's website.

The only thing that I found (really nice website with lots of info! - You probably heard of it already!) is WINSUPERSITE. Check it out HERE. It has lots of very interesting info about upcoming Windows OS's and more...

There is also PREVIEW of WIN XP x64 RC2..."Microsoft expects to finalize XP x64 in March and then make the product widely available in April. The company will also offer a technology trade-up program for users with x64 hardware"....so from that You could see that its almost here...but...question is will it satisfy our expectations!?...I believe not...not right at the start...dont know...we'll have to wait and see... Meanwhile read entire preview above and You will see why I am a bit sceptical about this release...

Enjoy people....

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows 64 Bit Much Faster On Networks ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI