CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1229 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? - 6/21/2003 5:30:58 PM   
rjw

It seems that most stores have stopped selling this excellent media. So does anyone still know a reliable store which asks a good price for them and will ship to Holland.[?]
Post #: 1
RE: Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? - 6/22/2003 3:29:45 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I haven't seen them, but I think I remember an advitisor for this site claiming to sell them cheap...??? anyways, better stock pile those babys while you can, since Mitsui's no longer manufacturing media

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 2
RE: Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? - 6/23/2003 5:58:44 PM   
rjw

Mitsui not manufacturering any more ?
Were did you get that info from ?
The fact as far as I know is that MAM-E and Mitsui Japan are still makeing media.
But I rather have Mitsui gold (europe) befor then the MAM-E gold disc's.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 3
RE: Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? - 6/23/2003 9:52:59 PM   
ant

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=3864

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 4
RE: Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? - 6/24/2003 10:41:37 AM   
rjw

The official statement of MAM America.(

CSI of Italy Acquires Majority Stake in Mitsui Advanced Media, Inc..

Colorado Springs, CO June 16, 2003

Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. has made a strategic decision to partially withdraw from the CD-R and DVD-R manufacturing arena. Computer Support Italcard s.r.l. (CSI) of Italy, has agreed to acquire the majority stake in Mitsui Advanced Media, Inc..

CSI of Milan Italy, is a leader in the production of CD-R, DVD-R, micro floppy disc, paper products, CD-Rom and CD-Audio. CSI was created in 1997 through a fusion between two companies, Computer Support Italy and Italcard. Italcard was a market leader in the production of listing forms for printers, born in 1975. CSI operates a 150,000 sq. ft. facility at Milan, Italy. Last summer CSI also acquired majority control of Mitsui Advanced Media, SA in France, now Manufacturing Advanced Media Europe, SA (MAM-E). Since then, CSI has installed DVD-R and additional CD-R capacity in the MAM-E facility. With the acquisitions of MAM-E and Mitsui Advanced Media, Inc., CSI will command approximately $130 million in annual sales.

Mitsui Advanced Media, Inc. will change it's name to MAM-A Inc.. MAM-A will still be able to draw on the resources of CSI and Mitsui Chemicals to better serve the customer base. The new alliance between CSI and MAM-A will also enable the company to offer new products in the near future.http://www.mitsuicdr.com/about/press_releases/2003/06-16-03.html

Not completely a stop. Or a complete take over.
In Europe we allready have this when the name changed to MAM-E quality dropped little. And the golden dye disc's were introduced to the european market. Which are actually mitsui silvers that didn't pass all 4 quality tests mitsui silver has to comply.
The funy thing is people still say Mitsui when it comes to nameing the disc's.
So for me it's not a real problem.
So does someone know a cheap store for MAM media ?

Problem solved found a store selling germany selling disc's for 1 euro a piece(MAM-E quality). It isn't really cheap but okay compared to the other stores. (by the way at the same store 100 TY 32x in slimcases cost only 31,90 euro's. But with a very awfull top layer.)

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Mitsui gold were to get for a decent price ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI