CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1348 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 3/3/2005 3:43:17 PM   
SiliconFreak

This leaves the AV-710 best suited for multimedia playback. For that it can be very good, if you play to its strengths. With a quality pair of stereo speakers you can use the high sample rate output to gain just about as good analog output as you are going to find at this price point. The better option is to hook up a home theatre receiver and plug in through the optical cable; this is because of a little used feature found in the VIA drivers called "kernel streaming;" streaming is the practice of passing audio to an external device without the driver or Windows getting in the way and augmenting the signal. This way you can get "bit perfect" audio to a dedicated receiver.

READ FULL REVIEW HERE...

Source : Sudhian

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/13/2005 2:38:02 PM   
talos_2002

Anyone knows where I can buy it in Europe? I can't find it anywhere.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/14/2005 7:43:59 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hello talos_2002...

Have You tried at Chaintech's homepage - under "Where to Buy" yet ? There are distributors from all around the world listed there...so I am sure You will find some useful information there (the nearest shop to where you live)...

Check it out and let me know....enjoy....bye.

*SiliconFreak out*

(in reply to talos_2002)
Post #: 3
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/14/2005 8:49:57 AM   
talos_2002

I sent an e-mail to Chaintech's distributor in my country and they replied that they don't have it because they don't import soundcards.

Post #: 4
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/14/2005 11:21:03 AM   
SiliconFreak

And? Is there only 1 distributor in Your country from ChainTech? How about to import the soundcard from some neighbour country? Not interested?

Finally...if You want...I may try to find shops with their soundcards, but You need to tell me where are You from (to see if there are some local shops in Your country) - or - which foreign countries would also be OK for you to shop!?

(in reply to talos_2002)
Post #: 5
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/15/2005 9:05:09 PM   
talos_2002

Unfortunately yes. There is only one Chaintech distributor in my country, Greece.

I visited the websites of 14 greek shops and all Chaintech's distributors from the neighbour countries, but no one has it.

Any help would be welcomed.
I would shop from any country that the cost of the card and the delivery isn't more than 45€.

Post #: 6
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/17/2005 8:35:55 PM   
SiliconFreak

Will try to see what I could do to help You out with this one...but little later ok...I am kinda busy now....

(in reply to talos_2002)
Post #: 7
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/17/2005 8:51:27 PM   
SiliconFreak

...if I am not the fastest...then who is it!?

So...45€ You said....thats about US$60 right (some US$57 to be exact)...

Well....if You trust eBay sellers....I guess this one could be trusted-PowerSeller with 99.4% positive feedback-just watch out that You wont fall in those 0.6%   (but never say never - so dont take my word for it in case something goes wrong - although I am 99% sure it wont - and also - if I would be buying this card...I would take my chance and buy it from this seller below)...

LINK TO EBAY LISTING HERE...

So as You may see...the card costs US$29.99 (with buy it now option - so you dont need to wait till the auction ends...just click....and its yours to keep)...also...shipping to Europe is US$27.89....and finally...insurance US$2.42....TOTAL COSTS : US$60.03

Cheap enough? Or shall I look elsewere? Just check it out for Your customs duty (cause USA is not a part of EU yet....)...but all in one...I believe that even if tax is applied in Greece....grand total wont be more than some 60€ am I right? The question now is....if You like it so much that You dont mind paying those few extra €€€...!? Your choice....

Enjoy....and let me know how it develops from here...bye.

**EDIT**

...or...maybe THIS ONE....even cheaper US$26.99...also with "buy it now option"....but You need to contact seller for shipping costs (I guess they wont be higher that with previous one)...best wishes...cya.

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 5/17/2005 8:55:37 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/18/2005 6:33:57 PM   
talos_2002

Thanks a lot SiliconFreak. Thank you for you help and you time, it's been valuable. Could I do anything for you? Just call it.

My browser -Maxthon- wasn't refreshing this page on the tab that I 've left open since my last post, until today that I pressed the page's "Reply" button.
Because of this, I couldn't see your reply.

In the meantime, I searched the websites of all Chaintech's distributors in Europe. I found one in Estonia that has it.
The site isn't in English, so I sent them a mail asking them if the card is currently available and if they can ship it in Greece. The next day they replied that it's possible and now I wait for them to mail me some details about the payment.

I told about this to a friend in Germany, who was helping me find the card. It happens that he has a friend in Estonia who may be able to buy it for me and bring it in Greece later. I'll know for sure tomorrow or the day after.
Am I not lucky?

For anyone who would like to buy a Chaintech av-710 in Europe, this is the page with the card http://www.ordi.ee/pood/sbch71.html?id=rMZAgGFL&mv_pc=68
and this kristin@ordi.ee is the e-mail address you can contact them.

< Message edited by talos_2002 -- 5/18/2005 6:35:40 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 5/19/2005 8:51:18 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi talos_2002

I am very happy for You! So, You will finally get this baby...

I must say that I checked the website you mentioned, and from what I could see, they really have very affordable price for this card (around 21€ if my calculations are correct)...so...if Your friend can bring it for free to You, then dont wait...just go for it....(although I also believe that S/H costs also wouldnt be very high...). But...if possible...its better like You said...that a friend actually buys it there (cause You never know at online buying...you know what i mean ).

Well thats it for now....ohhhhh...what You can do for me you asked? Well....just have some beers always ready in case I came by someday... ...and also...in case You dont have it yet, buy some great 7.1 speakers set, cause some loud music will be very nice to listen to, while drinking those beers...**JOKE**

And about forum non-refreshing problems...maybe it could be because of your browser...or...maybe because we upgraded forum some 2 weeks ago and there were some smaller problems at the begining...so...in case you ran across any of them (they were mostly fixed - but you never know...), just PM me and i will tell that to our forum admin, ok?

Oh...and let me know how things develop from here about Your card...I wish You all the best with all that...so You could soon enjoy in pure-sexy-mega 7.1 sound....

Cya around.

SiliconFreak.

(in reply to talos_2002)
Post #: 10
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 6/12/2005 5:13:43 PM   
talos_2002

I received the card in Wednesday. The total cost was less than 25€!

Installed the latest drivers from VIA's site, selected "Hi Sample Rate 2 Channel" option and muted all inputs in the mixer.

It wasn't hard to feel the difference. Even with my old computer's 20€ speakers, mp3s sounded much better. For some was like I had never heared them before.
Extremely satisfied.

I 'll install it in my new computer this week, if I find time, to enjoy it with my brother's Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers

The beers are waiting for you to show up, and while the temperature rises here, I 'll drink one and listen some music.

Give it a try using the "Hi Sample Rate 2 Channel" option and connect your speakers next to the optical output.

The card worthed all the trouble and search in the internet (it was a LOT).

Post #: 11
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 6/12/2005 7:57:16 PM   
SiliconFreak

I am very glad to hear that! So everything paid off afterall!Very nice!

So for now....just enjoy in music...have some beers...and save some for me when I came by...Feedex will deliver me right next to your door...

Good luck and all the best!

(in reply to talos_2002)
Post #: 12
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 6/27/2005 9:01:49 PM   
sekoras

hi guy pls help me if you know anything about it today i buyed this sound card and im installed and  i have 5.1 logitech system and when i was open windows and then opend win amp only 2 speaker and subbufer woking and i think some thing wrong with my speakers and  i try swicth cable  this time only green socet is working ex:  if i put black cable in the green socket other 2 working but  all times onlt 2 speaker is working and i think it doesnt suport afret i opend Windvd (it is came with chaintect box)and  select some music and it start playing but some thing is differen 5speaker is working this time and sub bufer after  i try windows media player like that staff it is again same 2 speaker is working just intervideo soft ware playing 5.1   i dont udnerstand why   what is wrong with this sound card

Post #: 13
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 6/29/2005 10:41:52 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hello and Welcome sekoras!

Talos_2002 also bought it and was very satisfied...so maybe he could help You out with your questions...otherwise...I would advice You to read REVIEW of the card (if You havent done that already) - especially 2nd and 3rd page of review....I quickly ran thru them cause i am in a hurry....but i saw something about your problems with only stereo playing in WMP and also in WinAmp if I remember correctly...so read it and see for yourself....

And Talos_2002...in case you read this...please help sekoras with Your advice from 1st hand...

Cya l8r

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 6/29/2005 10:48:51 PM >

(in reply to sekoras)
Post #: 14
RE: Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! - 7/6/2005 6:09:36 PM   
talos_2002

Sekoras, I’ve sent you an e-mail. Contact me for help.
I think I understand what is your  problem. Enable hardware acceleration at winamp.
Quick tip for winamp:
Right click Properties, Plug-ins, Output, double-click DirectSound output, Allow hardware acceleration.
I hope you have chosen 5.1 speakers in windows control panel and in Envy Audio Deck., haven't you?

< Message edited by talos_2002 -- 7/6/2005 6:12:17 PM >

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI