CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 823 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! - 2/25/2005 10:50:20 AM   
SiliconFreak

So which one do you think is the better deal? For $16 less I am getting a FM Player, Built in display, Built-in Equilizer, Voice Recorder and free arm band! Yes you have to add batteries to this unit, 1 AAA but remember what Apple says the rechargable batteries will eventually die. Overall the Sandisk will stay in my wife's hand and my new iPod Shuffle will be placed on Ebay. Sorry Apple . . .

READ FULL REVIEW HERE...

Source : DavesiPaq

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! - 2/25/2005 10:22:24 PM   
SithTracy

The SanDisk isn't a bad little flash player... I have the 1GB model and use it @ work... It will come in handy when the company I work for takes away our offices in favor of the precious cubicle...

+'s for me over the iPod...
+ Can swap the battery yourself. Too many folks at the office are having issues with battery life and the iPod and iPod Shuffle.
+ Easy to use and you don't need a battery for USB connectivity. Playback on PC speakers through an application like MusicMatch JukeBox if the bat dies... or you can store data on it.
+ Firmware is easy to flash
+ SanDisk Quality
+ FM Radio is a nice touch

-'s for me:
- Supplied earbuds don't produce enough base... need to pick up another set.

Once I lose my office to conserve space this little thing will come in handy while I make sure I put the proper cover sheet on my TPS reports!!! Office Space II will be filmed at my place of employment!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! - 2/25/2005 11:34:52 PM   
tqhoang

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy
Once I lose my office to conserve space this little thing will come in handy while I make sure I put the proper cover sheet on my TPS reports!!! Office Space II will be filmed at my place of employment!

LMAO
That was one hilarious movie...the soundtrack was perfect for the movie too.

Back to the topic though... I really wish they would put AM on these MP3 players instead of just FM. People still listen to AM for sports radio...especially the Yankees!!!

< Message edited by tqhoang -- 2/25/2005 11:53:40 PM >

M$ Windows XP SP2
ASUS A7V8X BIOS 1015.003
AthlonXP Barton 3000+
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT AGP
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Fw FS0J
NEC ND-2100A@2510A Fw 2.0A
NEC ND-6750A Fw 2.42
NEC AD-7170A Fw 1.O4
Plextor Premium Fw 1.07
Plextor PX-716UF Fw 1.11

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! - 2/26/2005 7:34:11 AM   
SithTracy

AM? Yeah, great idea... remember how small transistor radios were in their day? I’ll bet the technology is their now to put AM in the space of a needle tip. So you make these little flash player .01 oz bigger - who cares!

I agree, I am a sports fan too and it would be nice (Chicago market – not a lot to cheer about, but the Bulls aren’t to bad – the only thing the Blackhawks/NHL has is they cancelled the season)... Heck, if we are having a wish list, why not have these little dudes also play AAC (un-encrypted iTunes - with a little help from The hymm project) and Ogg Vorbis. Give us something more than the iPod. With the exception of ogg, these are the things my Pioneer DEH-P7700MP have in the car... and that is a great car audio system for those interested.

[Sidenote/afterthought/Edit]
Just picked up a set of Sony MDR-E828LP ear buds to use with the SanDisk SDMX1 MP3 Player... What incredible sound. This thing ROCKS!

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 2/26/2005 2:37:44 PM >

(in reply to tqhoang)
Post #: 4
RE: iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! - 3/3/2005 8:35:47 AM   
YoZeF

iPod rocks. Will look realy cool with icemat's Cyberia headphones. White couple.

< Message edited by YoZeF -- 3/3/2005 8:36:52 AM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> iPod Shuffle Vs Sandisk MP3 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI