CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 697 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 9:48:51 AM   
Tonnes

Hey dude, no offense. Just trying to make things clear.

As you could see my posting was merely a doubt and I could have been a bit confused because the original LS17 is used for more than one purpose and I have seen lots of articles and messages about this drive for the last couple of weeks. It's not a coincidence I could not find an url to prove it :). But most importantly, I seem to have interpreted your article as if one should use not only the Traxdata jumper info but also its firmware, instead of the proper LiteOn LS17, which is not correct. Sorry about that (to all).

As your advise to Narmmy concerns: I certainly would not advise anyone to reinstall an(other) OS if the firmware tool is dos based. Perhaps he should leave the /all switch, try flashing it when connected as 2nd master (at least in another way than when it was attached while it was f** up), or in case he has an i440LX chipset, manually set the PIO and/or UDMA mode in the bios. If it does not work when connected to another pc either, I guess no trick will help.

And ehm... it is not nice to scream.. :)

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 33
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 11:06:42 AM   
wvi

i don;t scream Tonnes !
i only said that without putting the jumper that way it doesn't work.
and its bettter try it yourself then make false conclusions it wasn'nt meant rude or something...

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 34
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 9/1/2001 4:34:21 PM   
wvi

oh yeah this was such a great topic !
that day i was happy like an... ehh yeah like what... dinasour yeah thats the word hehehe

greetzzz,

wvi

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 35
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 12/24/2001 11:58:39 PM   
poppastone

ok gusy. here's where i am...

My Liteon worked fine. then it wouldnt burn or mount blank CD-r's.
I was glad to find your info...

I put the jumper on and did the pflash just like you said.
Then i took the jumpper off and re-booted.
now my BIOS can see the liteon, but Windows ME doesnt.
????
what did i do wrong.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 36
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 12/26/2001 6:01:29 PM   
xiang

PLEASEEEE!!!!! NEED HEELLPPPP :((((
When I try to flash my traxdata 161040 my Cpu shutDown and I lost my cdr drive. How can I Backflash to get it funcional please!

gonçalo

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 37
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 12/26/2001 6:38:38 PM   
wvi

Posted by: poppastone
ok gusy. here's where i am...

My Liteon worked fine. then it wouldnt burn or mount blank CD-r's.
I was glad to find your info...

I put the jumper on and did the pflash just like you said.
Then i took the jumpper off and re-booted.
now my BIOS can see the liteon, but Windows ME doesnt.
????
what did i do wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------
hmm thats weird maybe try to connect youre drive at primary master maybe that work...or install windows xp and see if youre drive then is vissible

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 38
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 12/26/2001 7:01:54 PM   
wvi

message to xiang

well try the jumper trick !, i don't know if it work for youre drive but its worth trying isn't it...
as far as i know Traxdata are Liteon drives so it might work...
wel look if there are .bin files available for youre Traxdata 16x drive i am afraid there aren't but i know an way you might can fix youre drive without an Traxdata 16x bin file just use the Traxdata 12x bin file and grab an hexeditor open the LSRA.bin file and search for cdrw121032plus and change it to cdrw161040plus
and then use the jumper trick and see what happends if it works then look for an traxdata 161040 flash update as far as i know there aren't for youre drive sooo you have to wait then...till available. and stick with 12x if the trick works.....(i have mine douts cozzz its an 40 reading and not 32... but its worth trying...

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 39
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 12/31/2001 1:55:24 PM   
poppastone

ok. i know i wasnt very clear about my problem. let me do this right.

I have a Celeron 667
Transend MB (VIA Appollo 133 chipset)
768 Meg ram
ATI RAGE 128
SB Live!
100 GIG HD (on a Maxtor Ultra ATA 100 PCI card)
Liteon LTR-12101B (set on Pri Master IDE channel)

It was installed with no problems and worked well.
Then it started being slow to recognize blank CD-R's.
Then it wouldnt dectect blanks at all.
i had tried flashing each newer firmware up to the current, but nothing changed.
I used your Jumpper trick to flach it with the LS17.bin, and it still wouldnt see a blank.
so i flashed it back to the LS22 that it was when i first got it. and it still wont work.

If i put a regular CD (music or game) it takes a full 2 mins to read it.
If i put in a CD-R that i had burned before on it, it takes closer to 4 mins to read it.

Could the Laser have burned out a bit? My wife had burned like 30 CD's in a row the morning before it finally died.

I cant live much longer with out a burner, and cant afford to buy a new one right now.
PLEASE help me bring this one back to life.... PLEASE!

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 40
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/16/2002 1:40:18 PM   
vip3r

HI i have the Liteon LTR 12101B drive and it came with F/W version LKU6 and it would not update to the lates version of the Liteon Site but i found a HP F/W upgrade that made it LKUA. The reason i was upgrading was my CD will note erase CD-RW media once it has been written to no matter what software (Easy CD 5, Nero or clone cd) I use or windows OS. I then did the F/W upgrade trick to the LS17 version and then upgraded to the lates veriosn which is LS23 but this still has not cured my problem. Can anyone out there help me as it is really annoying haveing 10 CR-RW that i cannot erase.
Thx

I also now cannot write anything since i updated the firmware. My system sees the device alright but just will not write any disks

Edited by - vip3r on 01/16/2002 16:02:14

Edited by - vip3r on 01/17/2002 09:32:05

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 41
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/17/2002 5:43:03 PM   
wvi

message to >>>>poppastone<<<<

if an cd rw drive doesn't read cd r discs anymore then probably it have nothing to do with firmware.

this is probaby the case>

1 or the laser is defect.why? don't ask me but that hapends.
2 the laser is out of alligment.
3 the laser is dirty.

i had the same problem with mine Liteon 12101B drive it also doesn;t read cd r discs anymore....i still had warranty so i sended it back to the store iam still waiting for an new one.....

if you have warranty then send the drive back. if not, then try cleaning the laser.(safetly) in the store you can get special stuff for that...

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 42
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/17/2002 5:49:54 PM   
wvi

message to >>>vip3r<<<<

then you can better go back to the old firmware....LKU6.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 43
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/18/2002 3:37:54 PM   
vip3r

WVI thx for your help but 2 things the cd writer from new had trouble erasing cr-rw and now since i have tried to do the f/w update it has stoped writting disks. also it will not go bak to the old f/w as i cannot get hold of it and also it is a LK f/w and all f/w upgrades out there are LS f/w so they will not upgrade to LK.

LK f/w is actually HP f/w not lite on as LKUA is the updated f/w for windows XP

Edited by - vip3r on 01/18/2002 15:41:02

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 44
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/18/2002 3:47:08 PM   
Matthew

To VIP3R:

I had a LKU6 drive, and used the DOS flasher I got from a tech at Liteon (archived temporarily here)
h**p://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/ls3j.zip

To update to LS3J
The LS3x23 dual firmware should be LS3x in this drive, LS23 in old models - if you cannot get it to go above LS23, it's rather screwed up!

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 45
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/18/2002 4:09:37 PM   
vip3r

Matthew like i said i have changed the f/w from LK set to the LS set and i have tried using the latest f/w upgrade from the Liteon Site which is LS23 but since i have changed the f/w from LKU6 which it was shipped with to LS23 it now does not write to any media let alone erase CD-RW

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 46
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/18/2002 4:30:05 PM   
vip3r

Matthew i have just use the f/w you said from that url and it has updated but the problem is now i can erase disks yipee!!!
But i can still not write them but i will do further testin.
God this is like being back at work.
I left being a vehicle mechanic as i couldnt be arsed fixing my own car now im a computer engineer and cant be arsed fixing my own :)

Oh and thx for the url at least im halfway to getting it fixed.

Edited by - vip3r on 01/18/2002 16:33:10

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 47
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 1/30/2002 9:41:08 AM   
Machurian

Oh, I flashed my LiteOn 12101B and I flashed it to hell.
It was a WinFlasher, all was Ok till the end-> ErrorMassage
"Flash Timeout", today I will prepare to reflash it.

But here my problem!
I cant download a newer Firmware from LiteOn-HP!!!

It´s worst, I prepare it so often but the Server doesn´t answer???

Know anybody alternative links for new Firmware (overLS38) ??? thanx

_ 13 _
| \ / |
| \/ |
|_|\/|_|

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI