CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New, 24-Inch Wide-Screen Monitor !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 907 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New, 24-Inch Wide-Screen Monitor ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New, 24... - 2/14/2005 9:28:24 AM   
SiliconFreak

Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), the worldwide leader in LCD monitor shipments(a), is giving customers an expanded multimedia experience with the introduction of its largest and most fully-featured flat panel display.

The UltraSharp(TM) 2405FPW will be on sale for $1,199 in the Americas and Europe on March 1, 2005. The wide-screen monitor is ideal for graphics professionals, computing enthusiasts and gamers. The native resolution of 1920x1200(b) helps ensure detailed images are crisp and clear and typical response times of 12ms(c) mean fast-moving content is displayed with minimal distortion.

The 24-inch display makes it easier and more affordable for customers to multitask by viewing spreadsheets and blueprints in their full sizes and positioning multiple applications or Web pages next to each other without losing content. It also reduces the need to scroll within large documents and toggle between application windows.

The 2405FPW includes a 9-in-1 memory card reader on the side of the panel for a convenient way to download files and photos. Four USB 2.0 ports make it easy to attach devices such as keyboards, secondary hard drives and printers without having to crawl under a desk to search for inputs on a computer system.

With S-Video, composite and component inputs, the 2405FPW can be hooked up to a video camera, gaming console, DVD player or cable box. Picture-in-picture (PIP) and picture-by-picture (PBP) modes(d), which can be enabled with the touch of a button, allow users to watch content from a video input and view their PC simultaneously, on a single display.

The 2405FPW features a height-adjustable stand, allowing the panel to swivel, tilt and pivot into portrait orientation. Its optional sound bar, which attaches to the bottom of the panel, is as space-saving as it is powerful, delivering 14 watts of audio output.

Technical specifications of the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW include:
-- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA+) @ 60Hz(b)
-- Response Time (typical): 12ms grey-to-grey(c), 16ms black-to-white
-- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
-- Brightness (typical): 500 nits
-- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
-- Number of Colors: 16.7 Million
-- Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle (typical): +/-89 degrees
-- Lift distance: 3.5 inches
-- Tilt angle: -5 to +20 degrees
-- Swivel: 90 degrees (45 degrees left and right)
-- Memory Card Formats Supported: CompactFlash I/II, Secure Digital (SD), Mini SD, MultiMedia Card, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, IBM Microdrive
-- Inputs: Analog (VGA)/Digital (DVI)(e)/S-Video/Composite/Component
-- Dimensions (HxWxD): 21.5" x 22.0" x 9.0"
-- Weight: 29.1 lb.

The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW is available today in parts of Asia and will be available on March 1, 2005 in the Americas and Europe. Additional information and specifications can also be found on March 1 at www.dell.com/monitors. Hi-resolution images are located at www.dell.com/photos.

Source : BusinessWire
Post #: 1
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/14/2005 10:04:49 AM   
semo

now that's special. you can use it as monitor and as a tv. but
quote:

The wide-screen monitor is ideal for graphics professionals, computing enthusiasts and gamers.
i don't thinks so... 'real' pros and pro gamers will not opt for an lcd (just yet!).

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/14/2005 2:10:46 PM   
SiliconFreak

You got that right...because all LCD's with more than 8ms response times are not even close to the worst CRT's... CRT is still ruller...at least for people who know their advantages over LCD's. Cause most of people who buy LCD's buy them because of their EyeCandy look...and I believe they dont know much about their characteristics...the only real advantage of LCD over CRT is that they take much less space...nothing more...in almost all other views are they way behind CRT...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 3
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/14/2005 4:29:11 PM   
semo

there are few other advantages of lcds though... less glare(?!) and less power consumption. the latter is becoming very important since cost of ownership has been growing steadily. my pc under load consumes about 130 watts... the 3.8ghz p4 consumes about 100w under load alone. when in the near future your typical gamer/enthusiast will have a cutting edge pc (dual dual-core processor, dual graphics gard ) next to his knee and be sorrounded by 3 (possibly 4) monitors... but lcds still cost too much and perfomance is poor.

i think oled displays are the way forward and we don't have to wait too much for them i think (here and here)

Post #: 4
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/14/2005 6:24:14 PM   
SiliconFreak

I know that there are more advantages of LCD displays...its just the point that i still prefer my BIG-BOXer...hehehe...at least for so long until some real inovative and affordable monitor comes by...cause LCD isnt in that category yet (my opinion)... I also dont really care about consumption...let it be 50 or 500W...I am ready...hahahaha...soon we will all need our personal atomic reactors in our backyards anyway...so no need to worry about consumption......glare...huh...seems the same to me...maybe it little better at LCD must admit that...but...what about viewing angle...and reduced colour quality when not sitting directly in front of LCD monitor.......also like You said...they cost way too much...and also 8ms response time isnt something to admire (could be much better...believe me...but they rather progress slowly...to make more money that way...)...

Well thats it... Maybe OLEDs will change that...but I doubt that they will be any cheaper than LCDs were when they came on market...so once again...we will (or at least someone - I wont be for sure) be fooled by manufacturers claiming that they produced new state of the art monitors....huhhhhhh...neverending story continues...

Cya guys...enjoy.

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 5
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/15/2005 4:36:43 AM   
semo

lets play the waiting game

i'm first!

Post #: 6
RE: Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New... - 2/15/2005 1:33:24 PM   
SiliconFreak

Ok...count me in also..

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio With New, 24-Inch Wide-Screen Monitor ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI