CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7.22GHz !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1637 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7.22GHz ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7.22G... - 2/13/2005 7:28:46 PM   
SiliconFreak

Overclocker Hits 7.22GHz Clock-Speed With Intel Pentium 4 570J

While Intel Corp. scrapped plans to introduce its Pentium 4 processors with 4.00GHz clock-speed, enthusiasts keep on pushing the clock-speeds of Intel’s chips to rather brutal frequencies beyond any bold expectations. On Saturday Charles Wirth, also known as Fugger by the overclocking community, managed to push his Intel Pentium 4 processor to extreme 7.20GHz.

In order to conduct the extreme overclocking Fugger of XtremeSystems web-site used DFI 925XE-T2V mainboard based on Intel’s i925XE core-logic, OCZ Technology PC4200 EB R2 Platinum memory modules as well as Intel Pentium 4 570J processor with stock speed of 3.80GHz. Processor system bus was overclocked nearly to the factor of two – to 1520MHz; processor’s voltage was pumped up to 1.95V, tremendously higher than default 1.287V-1.400V voltage; memory latency settings were CL4 2-2-8, memory voltage was set to 2.3V from stock 1.9V.

The system could boot Microsoft Windows XP operating system and perform memory testing at 6.60GHz with 1400MHz processor system bus. With PSB exceeding 1400MHz range the computer could not boot because of HDD controller issues. With 7.20GHz the machine worked stably in BIOS setup.

It is unknown which cooling system was used in particular case, but usually such extreme overclocking experiences are performed with nitrogen cooling.

Source : X-bitLabs
Post #: 1
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/14/2005 3:22:38 PM   
emperor

That was a very good score!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/14/2005 4:41:19 PM   
semo

holy crap

in stable operation the alus of this proc must be functioning at 13.2ghz
that's huge!
huge i say

btw, i can't find the article at xbit... SiliconFreak, are you posting unreleased news again

< Message edited by semo -- 2/14/2005 4:46:37 PM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/14/2005 6:30:51 PM   
SiliconFreak

It surely is huge...he may burn lot of eggs on that vulcano...

Anyway...semo, semo...in future...You better look twice...and check all details...before saying that I am posting unreleased news (Again!??) !!

Here is the link...to help You out with search...its exactly the same as the one i posted...so dont know what You are hoping to find there........well...there are some links there...to previous record attempts...so go ahead...You are welcome...and remember what i said...

XbitLabs Link For Mr.Semo...

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 4
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/15/2005 4:07:55 AM   
semo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

It surely is huge...he may burn lot of eggs on that vulcano...

Anyway...semo, semo...in future...You better look twice...and check all details...before saying that I am posting unreleased news (Again!??) !!

Here is the link...to help You out with search...its exactly the same as the one i posted...so dont know what You are hoping to find there........well...there are some links there...to previous record attempts...so go ahead...You are welcome...and remember what i said...

XbitLabs Link For Mr.Semo...

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

quote:

This news was supposed to be published on 1st of April 2005....but it slipped out...

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=100548

and i looked and looked...

i don't make up things, unless i get money out of it

Post #: 5
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/15/2005 2:11:20 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahahaha...You sure are Joker...really...

Dont know what wrong with Your IE...maybe its been infected with some adware...because if You would click on the link above You wouldnt see that page which You attached in Your latest reply! Insted You would see the page that I attached below! (thats for nr.1)

And about nr.2...You need to read entire conversation that was going on there (with You semo )...we joked about Intels speed gains (beyond gigahertz..hahahaa)...remember? Anyway...it was real article...although it might look unreal to You...but...IT WAS REAL!

Soooooo...here is the actual screenshot from that same link as above...

Enjoy buddy...

p.s. If You cant just click the link that I provided...then go to their homepage http://www.xbitlabs.com ...and there...try NEWS AROUND THE WEB section....and...under 13th February 2005...You would see the link to the article You want to see so desperately...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 2/15/2005 2:16:19 PM >

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 6
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/15/2005 4:03:27 PM   
semo

your link to the article works but i can't see the link on the x-bit site. not on the main page and not on the hardware news section. and i tried it with ie, opera and firefox. same thing. think it's because i'm in the uk, the land of no price cuts (and no cool news links apparantly).

and about the other thing, prolly i wasn't paying attention... i don't do it much... find it a waste of time

Post #: 7
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/15/2005 4:46:27 PM   
SiliconFreak

Really strange indeed...dont know...so if I understand correctly..if You click on the link that I wrote above...then You do see the right article (the same as screenshot above)? But You cant find it manually...from their homepage..!? Is that it?

Just one more question...You mentioned that You cannot find it not on the main page and not on the hardware section!?...the point is that this article is in NEWS AROUND THE WEB section...which is (at least here in browser) on the right side of their main page (below Hardware news section links - You need to scrool down to the end of page to see it).

Let me know if You managed to find it...

Have a nice day/night.

Silicon.

EDIT: Here is another screenshot...its their mainpage...scrolled down entirely...and I also encircled You the area with the post that You are looking for...good luck...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 2/15/2005 4:56:24 PM >

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 8
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/15/2005 10:14:43 PM   
Cooler

There's no point of bragging with "7.22GHz" speed, unless 'puter is stable at that speed!

Oh, wait... you can OC any CPU easily to whopping 65536GHz... unless it actually has to work, too!
See my point?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

Post #: 9
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/16/2005 4:29:18 AM   
semo

quote:

Really strange indeed...dont know...so if I understand correctly..if You click on the link that I wrote above...then You do see the right article (the same as screenshot above)? But You cant find it manually...from their homepage..!? Is that it?

yep.

and i meant the hardware news section.. and just look at my screenshot, there are no news articles for sunday the 13th of feb...
i might report it to the site later

anyway old news, sum guy o'cs something he can only use until the liquid nitrogen evaporates.... oh no wait he can't use it for anything useful, he has got the radeon x300se for graphics since he run out of money preparing for the experiment

Post #: 10
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/16/2005 7:42:32 AM   
SiliconFreak

hahaha...no no no...maybe You were searching in HARDWARE NEWS section...but the point is that this news was in NEWS AROUND THE WEB SECTION!!! (Which is right below HARDWARE NEWS - just scroll the main page down a bit)...

Just look again at todays screenshot of their homepage (its not of the best quality, cause I need to change to 2048*1536 resolution, so that it fit onto one screen and make copy of it later - and then also had to shrink it to 60Kb so that it could be uploaded here...)...the encircled section is NEWS AROUND THE WEB...hope thats all...I am finished with replies here...

Cya in the next battle Generals...

*Silicon-out*

Attachment (1)

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 11
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/16/2005 7:48:35 AM   
semo

hey what do ya know...
never knew that existed..

the point is, i won since i have the last post

Post #: 12
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/20/2005 12:53:30 PM   
Cooler

quote:

Cya in the next battle Generals...

Time for next battle is... Zero Hour?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

Post #: 13
RE: Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7... - 2/20/2005 1:35:48 PM   
SiliconFreak

Exactly Cooler...Zero Hour is the secret word...I reinstalled it...and it sure rocks...although I somehow dont like to play games which I already finished...but this one is exeption...at least until next edition of C&C comes out...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel’s Pentium 4 570J Processor Overclocked To 7.22GHz ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI