CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 777 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday ! - 2/9/2005 6:13:42 PM   
SiliconFreak

Intel plans to announce on Monday the first major upgrade to its Xeon processor product line since June 2004, according to sources familiar with Intel's plans.

The new chips are expected to have clock speeds as high as 3.6GHz, which is in the same range as Intel's existing Xeon products, but they will have a larger, 2MB Level 2 cache, according to Intel. They will be part of Intel's Xeon DP family of processors, which are designed for single and dual-processor servers and workstations.

"This actually is yet another vector where Intel will be delivering increased performance and business value beyond gigahertz," said Phil Brace, director of marketing with Intel's Digital Enterprise group, who confirmed only that Intel would be announcing the new Xeons and a new line of Pentium 4 processors called the 6xx series, within the next few weeks.

The 6xx series will be Intel's first Pentium processor to be able to process data in larger, 64-bit chunks, and are also expected to come with 2M bytes of L2 cache. Sources said that the 6xx announcement is being planned for February 21.
Full story...

Source : InfoWorld
Post #: 1
RE: Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday ! - 2/9/2005 6:36:31 PM   
semo

quote:

This actually is yet another vector where Intel will be delivering increased performance and business value beyond gigahertz

"Intel will be delivering increased performance", "business value", "beyond gigahertz"

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday ! - 2/9/2005 6:42:16 PM   
SiliconFreak

This news was supposed to be published on 1st of April 2005....but it slipped out...so dont look strangely at whats written there...

Business value....hahahaa...and I wonder what should be "beyond gigahertz"?...because so far...their Gigahertz's were delivering "under Hertz" performance...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel To Announce Xeon Upgrade On Monday ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI