CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

interesting lightscribe info   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1423 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> interesting lightscribe info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 10:48:44 AM   
semo

this is kinda old news but if i direct your attention to the last set of bulletpoints under host brand you will see that apart from hp we have benq, lacie and phillips making lightscribe drives... now i don't what host brand exactly means but i think that these companies will be able to make lightscribe drives that are not just rebranded hps as most of us might have thought

i'm really uncertain here so can someone comment?

quote:

A look at LightScribe Technology

Posted on Saturday 5th at 16:46 by SirQUK
Source:

Until now there hasn't been much choice when it comes to creating labels for your CDs and DVDs. Messy markers or sticky adhesive labels were pretty much the only affordable option. But imagine creating professional-looking labels using the same laser that burns your data-right inside your CD/DVD drive! Well, now it's easy with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology.

LABEL-MAKING REDEFINED.

LightScribe technology is an integrated system that combines the CD or DVD drive of your LightScribe-enabled computer with specially coated discs and enhanced disc-burning software to produce precise, laser-etched labels. You can design and produce labels to express your creativity and personality-the sky's the limit!

With LightScribe, the disc is the label. This amazing technology is the no-hassle way to create elegant labels for all your CDs and DVDs. Simply burn your music mix, digital-video/photo archives, or business application. Then flip the disc and burn your own unique label.

LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology is now available in PCs, external USB optical DVD writers, labeling software, and a variety of brand name discs. Remember, the LightScribe logo indicates a LightScribe-enabled product, so be sure to look for it at your favorite retail locations. Also check out the Look for LightScribe page (coming soon) for a list of companies that make LightScribe-enabled products.

A list of currently subscribes LightScribe users:

A broad range of companies — including drive manufacturers, software developers, and media manufacturers — have entered into agreements to license LightScribe technology. Here are some of the companies currently licensed:

OPTICAL DRIVES:

Hitachi-LG Data Storage Inc.
Lite-On IT Corp.
Philips Optical Storage
Toshiba Data Storage
MEDIA:

CMC Magnetics Corporation
Hewlett-Packard
Imation
Memorex
Mitsubishi Chemical Company
Moser Baer India Limited
TDK
Verbatim
SOFTWARE:

CyberLink
InterVideo
MicroVision Development
Nero Inc.
Roxio
Sonic Solutions
HOST BRAND:

BenQ
Hewlett-Packard
LaCie
Phillips

http://www.cdr-zone.com/news/a_look_at_lightscribe_technology.html

< Message edited by semo -- 2/9/2005 10:49:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 2:49:49 PM   
emperor

Philips=BenQ and Lacie does OEM, maybe LiteON/NEC

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 2
RE: interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 6:20:11 PM   
semo

we sit and we wait as usual
i'm getting really impatient now, i'm on the verge of buying this: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10122
the only thing keeping me back (drive makers too maybe) is the fact that the media is virtually non-existent (i need dvd-r). why do they always have to drag their feet

< Message edited by semo -- 2/9/2005 6:21:36 PM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 7:02:11 PM   
MP3Mogul

This media will be "EXPENSIVE" when it is released.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 4
RE: interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 7:12:55 PM   
semo

yes of course
you can't have it any other way

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: interesting lightscribe info - 2/9/2005 7:28:19 PM   
_copycat_

I read that the Drives will only be about $10 more and the media about $.10 a piece more. That doesn't seem so bad. But can you create your own labels or will you have to choose from templates already in the software package?

I know the answer must be in here somewhere*#&%*...but where?...#%*&%#

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> interesting lightscribe info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI