CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

XP Horror or its just me ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1373 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> XP Horror or its just me ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XP Horror or its just me ? - 5/6/2003 7:21:42 AM   
BurnOmania

Damn, I can't believe its almost 3 weeks past since i bought this computer & each time I find other trouble to deal with ... it's really getting me crazy. Hope this one will be last.

OK, just noticed that my Teac 552E CD-Rom can't read something about half of my Audio CD-R, well he can read them, but when is reaching about track 16-17 (1:14:xx min above) he's making some scratch noises & stops playing. Windows Media Player generating me an error like "WMP Cannot read the CD make sure is clean & not scratch...." bla bla

Some Facts:

1. Using Win XP SP1.
2. Using Digital Cable.
3. Tried even with Analog cable ... nop the same.
4. Tried other cd-rom => toshiba. have the same problem.
5. Move my Teac CD-rom to other comp. with XP => same problem ... BUT !!! When i tried it on Win 98 he works great ... all my CD-R r working there.
So I do Believe is something with the system configuration. or any XP Protection ???

BTW: the only CD-Rom that working great on my current computer is LG!! Can play all my CD's ... dont know how to explain this @#$# .. Hope to find some questions here ... Cause i really had enough

Post #: 1
RE: XP Horror or its just me ? - 5/19/2003 5:40:20 AM   
Michael Lee

Reading problem is a tricky thing. A friend of mine had problem like yours. He posted his question on a computer forum. Ht was told that the loaction where you have your memory installed sometimes causes problem like that. If you have two strips of 256mb DDR, you may move it to different memory slots. First you may try single strip and see if the problem goes awy. If not, try 2 strips in 1&2, 1&3 or 2&3. Hope this will help.
You have a great system, it should work well. I have a Gigabyte motherboard also, 8IEXP, with 768MB of PC2100 (266MHz)DDR, Liteon LTD163 DVD, Liteon LTR48125W and overclocked Khypermedia (Benq) 48X to 52X burners, 1 IBM 36g and 2 18g Ultra SCSI160 hard drives. I am running WinXP without SP1.
Your problem may be caused by SP1 or the speed of the memory. I am not sure your motherboard will support DDR 400 ram, Anyway, good luck with your trouble shooting.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to BurnOmania)
Post #: 2
RE: XP Horror or its just me ? - 5/19/2003 1:16:44 PM   
MP3Mogul

First of all, why use WindowsMedia Player? Get WinAmp, MusicMatch, etc. Also, try disabling the built in burning that is with WinXP. I seriously doubt this is a MemoryChip location problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to BurnOmania)
Post #: 3
RE: XP Horror or its just me ? - 5/26/2003 5:47:21 PM   
BurnOmania

Thanx guys, I solved the issue. Drop the Teac CD-Rom straight into the seller face and took Benq. Guess what, the MotherF@#ER is working ... how can you explain that ??? the cheaper cdrom on market working better than the top rated one. damn, all this business weird ...

CPU: Intel P4 2.4 Mhz[533/512]
Mobo: Gigabyte 8SINXP1394
RAM: 512 Kingston 400DDR
Video: Leadtek Ti4200 128mb AGPx8 Vivo
Storage: 80 GB WD 7200RPM 8mb
40 GB WD 7200RPM
Audio: SoundBlaster Audigy I
Speakers: In

(in reply to BurnOmania)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> XP Horror or its just me ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI