CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1258 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/1/2003 6:15:56 AM   
phil11092000

quote:
Originally posted by E2DaP

Phil,

Can you flash your drive with the normal BenQ firmware(i.e D.UC)? Try upgrading firmware W/ newer Benq version before flashing K.RC, this will verify that your drive can be flashed.
If so, I can step you through the method that I used to flash my drive, it seemed to work flawlessly. I have also heard of people having problems flashing with 2 drives connected on the same channel, although I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM set as master and BenQ CDRW as slave on secondary IDE channel and it worked fine. I have seen firmware updates that ask you to make sure you do not have a disk in the drive and that the drive is closed before updating. IMHO if you want to try a safe method for flashing your drive, make sure it is the only one connected to your IDE channel(if secondary), if its on the primary w/ your hard drive then obviously you don't want to disconnect it unless you boot from DOS boot disk and flash from DOS. What utility are you using to flash and how? I used MtkWinFlash 1.5.3.4 in ATAPI mode. Is it possible you have the other 482448 model or is firmware D.XC?, or flash utility is trying to flash wrong drive, could bin file be corrrupted?(doubtful, but you never know, BTW the size of the kRC.bin file I used (from cptsnoopy) was 512 KB.
Hope this helps,

E2DaP

Hi E2Dap,

I use mktWinFlash 1.5.3.4( from cptsnoopy [:p]), I tried again a few minutes ago and got the same error - an error window showing mwf.exe generated errors..... The Benq's firmware does not work for me. This is the only drive on my 2nd IDE channel and set as 2nd master.
I tried to back up my firmware by mtkflash.exe and it never stop copying... going from 0% to 100% and then starting from 0% again and agin... Don't know what is wrong.[V]

BTW, I tested my 4824 with Nero CD-Speed, the highest goes only to 22 X. How do I make to run at 48X? The Nero Info Tool shows it is 48X.

Can you send me the BIN file? I want to try your too even we got from the same gentleman.

Thanks a lot!

(in reply to Michael Lee)
Post #: 113
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/2/2003 8:00:04 AM   
E2DaP

Phil,
That ain't good[xx(]
None of the BenQ firmware upgrades for 4824P work huh? Not a good sign.
I noticed the same thing happening when using mtkflash from dos to backup my firmware. Don't give up on it yet, try running it again, go grab a frosty beverage and enjoy it while waiting a few minutes, mine took between 2 and 6 minutes to backup, I don't remember exactly. I'm not sure, but it may be reading the memory blocks or addresses individually, so it will go from 0 to 100% several times before its done and its slow.
Not sure about CD Speed issue, might be your media, try using different media or certified 48X or whatever speed you want to test for.
I'll send you the files I have, sounds like the only reliable way that you are communicating with you drive is through mtkflash, you might want to try flashing it from DOS just like you are backing it up.
For instructions: http://digi.rpc1.org/A%20Quick%20HowTo.htm

Be carful before proceeding, and Good Luck!

It's all in the reflexes..

Post #: 114
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/2/2003 9:55:21 AM   
phil11092000

quote:

Phil,
That ain't good[xx(]
None of the BenQ firmware upgrades for 4824P work huh? Not a good sign.
I noticed the same thing happening when using mtkflash from dos to backup my firmware. Don't give up on it yet, try running it again, go grab a frosty beverage and enjoy it while waiting a few minutes, mine took between 2 and 6 minutes to backup, I don't remember exactly. I'm not sure, but it may be reading the memory blocks or addresses individually, so it will go from 0 to 100% several times before its done and its slow.
Not sure about CD Speed issue, might be your media, try using different media or certified 48X or whatever speed you want to test for.
I'll send you the files I have, sounds like the only reliable way that you are communicating with you drive is through mtkflash, you might want to try flashing it from DOS just like you are backing it up.
For instructions: http://digi.rpc1.org/A%20Quick%20HowTo.htm

Be carful before proceeding, and Good Luck!

Hi E2Dap,

I tried again. The good news is that I can backup the current FW (D.UC) with mktflash but failed when I updated the FW with K.RC AND D.UC ( to get it back). It says:
Flash Type: Unknown Flash Memory
(I saw it when I backed up the FW)
Updating .......00%
and hang there. I have to reboot the machine but I cannot see the CDRW!!![:(!] What's the possible solution to get it back?
Thanks!

Post #: 115
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/3/2003 5:52:58 AM   
E2DaP

Phil,

That's a very bad thing.

I'm no expert, so anyone else who may have suggestions please feel free to jump in.
You might try this: http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10749 But I'm not sure if the drive has this jumper config. If you are able to accomplish this I'd probably try flashing it with the duc.exe from BenQ just to get a working drive before trying anything else. One thing that I do know is that you never want to stop a firmware upgrade before it is complete, but it sounds like you already know this and had no choice because of a lock-up.

You might want to check this out also, read the second post called mtkflash tutorial: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42502 Sorry if I offended anyone by posting a link to another forum[:I]

Last of all, I would try to be very methodical about how you go about this, I know it's a pain, but some times thats what makes the difference

Hopefully one of these works for you.

It's all in the reflexes..

Post #: 116
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/3/2003 9:12:35 PM   
phil11092000

quote:

Phil,

That's a very bad thing.

I'm no expert, so anyone else who may have suggestions please feel free to jump in.
You might try this: http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10749 But I'm not sure if the drive has this jumper config. If you are able to accomplish this I'd probably try flashing it with the duc.exe from BenQ just to get a working drive before trying anything else. One thing that I do know is that you never want to stop a firmware upgrade before it is complete, but it sounds like you already know this and had no choice because of a lock-up.

You might want to check this out also, read the second post called mtkflash tutorial: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42502 Sorry if I offended anyone by posting a link to another forum[:I]

Last of all, I would try to be very methodical about how you go about this, I know it's a pain, but some times thats what makes the difference

Hopefully one of these works for you.

Hi E2Dap,

Thanks for the info!!!

But I tried them and it still didn't work, it hang at: Updating ....00% as before![V]

Anyone else has suggestions?

Appreciate your great help, E2Dap!!!

-Phil

Post #: 117
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 8/20/2003 2:52:17 PM   
raptor-x

Hi,

I have the 48x24x48 Khpermedia drive from OM.
It has the original D.LC firmware as shipped
with the drive. When I attempt a burn with
Nero Express, over the 50% of the time I get
a Power Calibration error from Nero. Any thoughts?
Will a firmware update help with this or is the
drive bad?

Thanks

Post #: 118
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 10/19/2003 11:53:35 PM   
mchiao

In case anyone is interested, the D.LC firmware does not work with external enclosure. Well at least the ones that I have. However, after upgraded to D.UC, I'm happy to report that now it works with external enclosure.

Post #: 119
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 11/2/2003 3:44:39 AM   
mersenes

Many thanks for the info posted in this forum! I've upgraded my firmware from C.FZ to F.JZ and it seems to have fixed all problems I had when using packet writing with CD-RW discs, in addition to enabling 52X and Mount Rainier. I use Roxio's Drag-to-Disc to backup recently modified files to rewritable discs. It used to give all sorts of file-write errors, even when formatting CD-RWs. Now all is well.

Before anyone else performs the firmware upgrade and has packet writing software installed, there was one minor problem I had right after upgrading the firmware -- the Drag-to-Disc program (temporarily) froze up my XP system. So I suggest exiting and/or uninstalling Drag-to-Disc, InCD, and other packet writing programs before performing the upgrade, and also removing any discs in the drive like someone said earlier.

Post #: 120
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/10/2004 2:32:23 AM   
coolpcfixer

Today I bought the Khypermedia 48x24x48 burner and replaced my old burner with it. My old burner was a generic 12x8x32 model. I could burn 80 minute CD's, no problem. I am using Win XP Pro. The way I normally burned CD's was select the songs, right click, choose Copy To CD or Device, in turn Windows Media Player opened up and viola, I hit copy and off I went. After I installed the Khypermedia, nothing worked. In Win Media Player, it would convert the songs, then when it came to copying them to the CD, forget it. I would get an error message stating that the files could not be copied to the CD. I tried using the Nero software that came with the Khypermedia burner, but no luck there either. The burn process would proceed to 4%, then quit.

Does anyone know what the deal is here? I configured Nero's overburn to 99:54:74 and still no luck.

I appreciate any info, comments, recommendations, etc.

Thanks,

coolpcfixer

Post #: 121
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/10/2004 3:10:21 AM   
MP3Mogul

I suggest, you download and install Laffin's ASPI fix! You can download it below, but PLEASE read and follow the instructions COMPLETELY as you install it....

You can download it HERE

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 122
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/10/2004 4:12:04 AM   
coolpcfixer

I downloaded the ASPI program that you recommended and completely followed the instructions. Now the read/write light is on continuously. In My Computer, it does not show that I have a CD in the burner, right clicking on my burner and clicking properties, there is no sign of a CD in the burner, but yet the light is on constantly. Any ideas?

I really appreciate all help with this matter.

Thanks,

Coolpcfixer

Post #: 123
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/10/2004 4:20:11 AM   
coolpcfixer

I forgot to add this to my last post. I tried to burn a cd in win media player and same thing happen, said it could not copy songs to the cd.

Post #: 124
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/10/2004 5:41:54 PM   
Jemmie455

Hello,

I just recently installed the KHypermedia 482448 v. C.FZ I bought last year. The system recongnized the drive and allowed me to put in a CD I could open the audio CD, but when I went to play it, it crashed (not responding). Now when I put in a CD the light just continues to blink green and the drive in MyComputer will not open (not responding). I realize that I did not install the CD burning software first. One reason is b/c I have Roxio on the system already and did not want to install Nero (or Nero Express) since the instructions say not to have both on the machine.

How can I get a copy of Roxio to install in this drive? Or should I use Nero (I have both Nero and express) if it is better? Will this fix the problem?

Thanks
James

Thanks,
James

Post #: 125
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/11/2004 6:17:14 PM   
coolpcfixer

Well, I have this Khypermedia 48x24x48 Seamless Link burner that will not work. I have used the ASPI fix, nothing doing. Should I just pitch this thing or what? Please I need so ideas here. It will not burn a 80 minute CD, I don't have any 74 minute CD's, should I obtain some and try those.

Thanks for any and all help.

Coolpcfixer

Post #: 126
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/12/2004 3:59:30 AM   
MP3Mogul

Is it possible that you are using WinXP? If so, please go into Services and disable the built in IMAPI burning software.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 127
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 2/12/2004 4:02:58 AM   
coolpcfixer

I am running Win XP Pro. Now, when I went to services, the IMAPI service was already stopped. I guess my next question is this, is there a way to disable that so it never runs or when it says its stopped does that mean it won't start?

Regardless, this burner is still not working. I don't have 74 minute CD's. Would you recommend that I try some of those?

I really appreciate all your help in this matter.

Coolpcfixer

Post #: 128
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI