Light scribe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives

_copycat_ -> Light scribe (1/30/2005 9:02:39 PM)

I was wondering what your opinions are concerning the etching of labels onto the DVDs using the same laser that is used for burning CDs and DVDs with Light scribe. Is it a good idea or not???

decx -> RE: Light scribe (1/30/2005 11:06:30 PM)

Personally I don't think it'll really do anything bad to the laser mechanism if that's what you mean. But then I wouldn't go hunt down the media with the special surface or pay extra for it either. Heck, personally, if I had both a Lightscribe drive and media, I would probably not even bother with the feature, or at most just etch a plain text label on it. But then again, that's just me [;)].

scorpio -> RE: Light scribe (1/31/2005 1:14:40 AM)

WHAT FOR ?

_copycat_ -> RE: Light scribe (1/31/2005 4:03:44 PM)

Ya! I feel that way also. I was just curious to see others opinions about the idea.
Looks like another lame invent idea from HP. Just another gimmick that at first sounds kind of cool. Looked into it further and give it a big thumbs down.

scorpio -> RE: Light scribe (2/1/2005 1:14:39 AM)

Rest in peace ![:D]

emperor -> RE: Light scribe (2/1/2005 3:16:08 AM)

Since this technology needs special media and its not license free format, we have to wait and see how many companies will eventually support the format and release LS compatible media/drives...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02