ISO Compare Problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro

Cal_G -> ISO Compare Problems (1/18/2005 3:08:12 AM)

Bit of a strange one this, I will try to make sense of it!

Burned the same image twice, 1 with NERO and the other with RNM 4.5

Checked them both against the original .ISO, the NERO came out with no differences, the RCN got to 99% and instantly said there were over 100 differences.

I then reimaged both disks and made an MD5 checksum, this checksum verified that both images were exactly the same that I had ripped from seperate disks.

So does anybody have any idea why the RNM burned disks show up as different when comparing against the original .ISO?

I thought it was maybe how the LEAD OUT was written or something along them lines?

I have seen a similar post on this forum that i found via a google search, its what led me to this forum [;)]

Thanks

Cal_G

Iggy -> RE: ISO Compare Problems (1/18/2005 10:17:09 AM)

If both are playable then it is possible to be due to different information, I suppose.[:D]

Welcome btw.[;)]

zebra -> RE: ISO Compare Problems (1/22/2005 9:21:41 PM)

Was one written using JOLIET and one written using the ISO9660 standard? This WILL make a difference!

zjib -> RE: ISO Compare Problems (1/30/2005 9:44:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cal_G
Checked them both against the original .ISO, the NERO came out with no differences, the RCN got to 99% and instantly said there were over 100 differences.

I had the same experience only with DVD Decrypter. Image burned with DVDD compared fine until it hit the last 1% of the compare. Image burned with Nero matched 100%. I haven't tried to extract images from the DVD's but guess I could give that a shot too just to see what happens.

-john

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI