Time to burn full video DVD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

lbeachmike -> Time to burn full video DVD (10/6/2004 9:38:27 PM)

Hi there -

I just got my new NEC burner and burned my first couple of DVDs from some downloaded AVI video files. Using Nero, I see that the files are converted to the proper format to be burned to DVD and this conversion process for about a couple hours of video took over two hours on an Athlon 64 3200+ based system.

The burn time itself was only about 15 minutes or less; however, I'm wondering if there is a better or more efficient way to get files converted to the proper format as Nero is obviously doing as part of the process.

I've got quite a lot of video to burn, and not nearly as much time to burn [8D]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

emperor -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 1:50:28 AM)

kogos will help here![8D]

Iggy -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 2:20:18 AM)

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

This you are searching for is a software to convert your AVI files to DVD-Video format or a faster way to burn your media?

kogos -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 6:47:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

no, i won't

eleajar -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 6:54:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lbeachmike

Hi there -

I just got my new NEC burner and burned my first couple of DVDs from some downloaded AVI video files. Using Nero, I see that the files are converted to the proper format to be burned to DVD and this conversion process for about a couple hours of video took over two hours on an Athlon 64 3200+ based system.

The burn time itself was only about 15 minutes or less; however, I'm wondering if there is a better or more efficient way to get files converted to the proper format as Nero is obviously doing as part of the process.

I've got quite a lot of video to burn, and not nearly as much time to burn [8D]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

there are several things to consider before converting a file.

Depending on the audio format, video format and bitrate and several other things, convertion time may vary. However, NERO is not recomended for converting movie files (personal opinion) since it is not made for converting but for burning. I usually use dvd moviefactory (Ulead) cause its the easiest way (and fastest i think) to convert to DVD files for idiot and unexperienced users like myself[:D]

I also read in another forum that dvd moviefactory creates movie files in best quality (not sure if that's true)![;)][:D][:)]

Astro -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 8:20:31 AM)

You might consider Pinnacle's Studio 9 software too.
Very good reputation plus some useful filters like Image Stabilization etc.
Hope this helps![;)]

emperor -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/7/2004 8:37:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kogos
quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

no, i won't

why not? [:)][8D]

arith -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (10/11/2004 9:11:16 AM)

I would suggest to use TMPGEnc Plus to convert your AVI to MPEG2, then using TMPGEnc DVD Author to merge them to DVD video files.

jazza 15 -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (12/22/2004 5:13:01 AM)

r u talking bout encoding the movies from avi to mpeg coz i dont know how to do it and need to burn these movies onto cd. can someone help me??

Iggy -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (12/22/2004 5:21:41 AM)

Onto CD or DVD?

MP3Mogul -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (12/22/2004 7:39:37 AM)

DVD Santa works fantastic also!

kommando -> RE: Time to burn full video DVD (12/22/2004 11:42:29 AM)

I use WinAVI Video Converter. To convert 1 DivX CD took 20 minutes in my AthlonXP 2600. Woot! [:D]

http://www.winavi.com/

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.611328E-02