Latest News From Tokyo! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News

WinThusiast -> Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 10:25:29 AM)

The summer months are proving good for Japan's electronics vendors.

The Olympic Games in Athens are pushing many people to finally buy that plasma or LCD television that they've been dreaming about. Also, the time difference between Japan and Greece is helping sales of video recorders, particularly those that use hard drives or DVDs.

Even the weather is helping promote technology sales: A brilliant start to the summer with central Tokyo temperatures hitting a record high of 103 degrees, followed by more than a month of 80-degree days, has helped Fujitsu and Hitachi sell air conditioners.

The gadget front has been quiet, as is typical for summer, but the season hasn't been without some interesting introductions. At the top of the list is Hitachi's latest hard-drive video recorder. It supports HDTV, which is exactly the market that Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD are pursuing, but as a hard-drive player it can offer basic recording functions at a lower price. You can't back up the recorded shows onto disc, because DVD doesn't support HDTV--but hard-disk support for high-definition content may actually slow the demand for next-generation optical disc recorders.
Full Story...

Source : PCWorld

emperor -> RE: Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 12:03:50 PM)

Even I live in Greece, i didn't bought a Plasma or LCD television, way too much money for me [:D]

WinThusiast -> RE: Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 4:19:18 PM)

Come onnnnnnnnnn...

Dont let us all down here...take a loan and buy two sets...You will notice the difference compared to the 21" TV You use now...[:D][:D][:D]

And also...if you put those two sets together...and sit some 2m away...with live coverage from Your Olympics...You would feel like You sit right there on the scene...with one difference...that You wont be burned to the ground because of high temperatures outside...but will sit in nice cold room...with air condition...drinking some cold beer...and with crowd of sexy young girls around who would came by to see emperors new Plasma Tv sets...[:)]

What do You think? [:D]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (8/18/2004 5:07:51 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 5:16:00 PM)

I cannot afford 3.5~5k Euro for a Plasma screen, at least not now [8D]

WinThusiast -> RE: Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 5:44:44 PM)

I am sorry emperor...I thought Your last name was Gates!? [:D][:D][:D]

emperor -> RE: Latest News From Tokyo! (8/18/2004 8:56:37 PM)

Yes Emperor Gates i like my new name, do you know that Bill Gates is my dad [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI