Yamaha Brand CDR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

Graffitti -> Yamaha Brand CDR (11/17/2002 3:03:42 AM)

Has anyone tried the Yamaha 48x cert cdrs yet? They're tempting to try, but at the same time I'm scared of them since they're made in Taiwan, and they have the same exact CMC packaging.

rjw -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 2:10:40 PM)

I don't think that Yamaha uses CMC Magnetics. I think that the disc's are made by Mitsubishi Chemicals. Since Yamaha has done bussiness in the past with Mitsubishi Chemicals. Still these disc's could be CMC but I personally think there not.

john -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 3:00:10 PM)

YAMAHA uses TY

Graffitti -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 6:08:54 PM)

mmm... Not really sure about the ones I saw. If they were made by TY, wouldn't it of said made in japan, and have the typical TY packaging?

These that I saw were made in Taiwan clearly had CMC type packaging.

rjw -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 7:10:55 PM)

Yamaha according to my database have used the following manufacturers in the past.

Mitsubishi Chemicals, Taiyo Yuden,TDK corp and the multiple factory ATIP: 97m27s00f.

The only Taiwan Manufacturer of these is Mitsubishi Chemicals.
Still it can be Mitsubishi CMC disc's.

Graffitti -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 7:16:00 PM)

man... I hope they're not actually mitsubishi valuelife disc...

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 8:36:52 PM)

It's easy to tell if it's TY if you can see the disc itself, is the hub crystalized looking?

rjw -> RE: Yamaha Brand CDR (11/18/2002 11:01:28 PM)

Well to put it simple there are no TY disc's that are made in Taiwan reported so far. If anyone has a taiwanese TY disc I really would like to know and I think also TY likes to know who used there manufacturing code or who used there old stampers. Some European factories had mayor problems for using old TY stampers.

So trust me the disc's aren't made by TY.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02