OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News

emperor -> OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 2:16:17 PM)

Over here

WinThusiast -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 2:49:57 PM)

Thank You for the official link Emperor. I owe You one... [;)]

But...

Just wonder what about for NON-Professionals?

Because a message on that page reads : This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're updating just one computer, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/protect.

So? Others should wait? Because under that link provided is nothing to download yet.

I guess Microsoft only wants to split traffic a bit, because of the 100Million downloads expected in the next comming days, weeks...[:D]

Just go go go everybody...if You are a PRO or NOT...just download from that link... And dont forget to report any slowdowns or other problems that may occur because of such traffic. [:)]

Btw...I have it already installed...working fine so far!

Enjoy.

emperor -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 3:07:02 PM)

Probably Microsoft wants just to easy the load at their servers, we are d/l and hopefully soon we can install it...

WinThusiast -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 3:14:27 PM)

yeah, i think exactly the same myself...[:)]

Anyway...wish You fast download...and even faster setup (takes sooooooo longggggg to install....took more than 30 mins to me...strange...but then again...it needs to exactly check all the system, do the backup...and install new components..) [:D][;)]

emperor -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 3:21:29 PM)

Yes installing was slow, i have already tried RC2, i hope the final SP2 would be ok! [8D]

Cal 01 -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 3:33:22 PM)

Hey Emperor, that SP2 is for IT Professionals and multiple installations, right?

emperor -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 3:41:31 PM)

Yes its for all people, grab it!

MP3Mogul -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/9/2004 4:20:59 PM)

Thanks for the link..... 452K download.... 9 minutes to DL... not bad... good speed considering their servers are probably swamped!

Cal 01 -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/11/2004 9:30:36 PM)

Well, I've installed the "Windows XP SP2" update on all of my partitions and so far it runs very smooth, but before this I had to run a RegCleaner (Ace Utilities) and RegCompactor by the same author. Man, does that install leave a lot of "Invalid" entries in the registry!!! I don't need the firewall either. Also, I deleted the "Uninstall Files" too. If I start having any problems then I'll go and load up my saved Windows XP SP1 backups. But like I said, it running very smooth and seems like it runs faster too. [;)]

emperor -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/12/2004 4:39:48 AM)

Good to know that your upgrade worked fine, let us know of any problem

Cal 01 -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/12/2004 12:45:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

Good to know that your upgrade worked fine, let us know of any problem

Will do, Emperor! [;)]

emperor -> RE: OFFICIAL MICROSOFT SP2 DOWNLOAD (8/12/2004 2:35:02 PM)

great![8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI