Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

zstryder -> Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (10/31/2002 12:45:17 PM)

I just recently picked up a spindle of Verbatim Datalife Pluses - been using them forever, but since I haven't really been burning any games for close to two years I haven't had a need to buy any new blanks. The last Verbatim blank I have is from about two years ago - and they color of those blanks look quite a bit different from the new spindle.

The Datalife Plus blanks are still marketed as "Super Azo", but why is it that the blanks are no longer blue, but more of a puke green, which is somewhat remniscent of early Imation/TDK blanks? The old blanks I had were a far deeper blue, and the Mitsubishi blanks I picked up in Japan were even bluer than that.

Will these blanks work as well as the old ones? I remember reading that the color of the disk itself affected the dye, is it because they now use a gold colored rather than silver colored base, which would account for the green-ish color? As far as I'm aware all the Azo discs *SHOULD* be blue, unless they recently changed something... ?

MP3Mogul -> RE: Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (10/31/2002 1:33:00 PM)

I'm not sure on that one. The ones that I purchased last weekend are blue on the bottom.

zstryder -> RE: Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (10/31/2002 9:11:55 PM)

Hm, I just learned in another forum that it's because of the new "Super Azo" dye that it's this color. The deeper blues were a Metal Azo, as opposed to the new greener Super Azo dye...

Is there anywhere in the US that sells 80min Mitsubishi blanks? Preferrably unbranded, but anything works.

R00KIE -> RE: Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (11/7/2002 12:08:01 PM)

the color of the cdr that you can see doesn't mean much.it depends of the dye material and depend or the reflextive dye material.
just buy a bunch of those cds and test them, then you'll see if they suit your needs

Clint -> RE: Verbatim CDR's are no longer... blue? (11/10/2002 7:45:53 AM)

Metal AZO is certified for up to 16X write, no faster. Super AZO dye is the dye which caters for the 24X-48X and possibly 52X-56X CD-R's.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI