Playing DVD backups on PS2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

mrmward -> Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/2/2002 1:41:16 PM)

I have backed up some dvds onto dvd-r using a pioneer DVR-104. when I play them on my pc they are fine but my PS2 will not read them. what have i done wrong?? I thought it may have something to do with nero burning the disk as a multi-session?!?! Any help greatly apreciated! [:)]

Clint -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/2/2002 2:00:07 PM)

You have a Mod chip??!

mrmward -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/2/2002 2:09:39 PM)

Yes the PS2 is chipped but it should not require one should it! I have lord of the rings that someone else backup up for me and that works fine, it also works on my mates whos is unchipped!?!?! The PS2 just seems to struggle reading it!?!?!

Clint -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/2/2002 3:07:10 PM)

Close the disc, not multisession. Remember the max you can burn is 4.7GB. Most DVD's are now dual layered which is much bigger than 4.7GB.

Try different DVD-R discs, don't use DVD-RW's...

[:)]

Clint -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/2/2002 3:08:15 PM)

Different brands I mean, not the cheapest, 'this weeks special'.

[B)]

FutureProof -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/6/2002 12:45:02 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by Clint

Remember the max you can burn is 4.7GB. Most DVD's are now dual layered which is much bigger than 4.7GB.

Hey Clint. Love your work; do you talk in billions of bytes on this site? There's actually 4.3 GB of 1024KB-megabytes on DVD-R/+R. Gotta love marketecture!

[edit]changed a "b" to a "B"[/edit]

mrmward -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/6/2002 12:54:29 PM)

Finally worked it out. was not fixing the aspect ratio when using spruce up all works now!
Do the PS2's require mod chips to play copied dvd's!?!?!

Clint -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/7/2002 8:07:00 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by FutureProof

quote:
Originally posted by Clint

Remember the max you can burn is 4.7GB. Most DVD's are now dual layered which is much bigger than 4.7GB.

Hey Clint. Love your work; do you talk in billions of bytes on this site? There's actually 4.3 GB of 1024KB-megabytes on DVD-R/+R. Gotta love marketecture!

[edit]changed a "b" to a "B"[/edit]

Thanks for the compliment FP [:)]

I called it 4.7GB for completeness and not to cause confusion as when you buy a blank it has "4.7GB" written all over it.

You are however correct, there should just be one "universal" standard for GB's ect, but it's just not happening, as you said [;)].

Boxcutter -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (9/13/2002 5:07:04 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by mrmward

My PS2 at home is Messiah-modded, so it plays copied game-DVD's and copied video-DVD's. It basicly plays everything that is round and shiny. (even MP3-disks, with the mp3-player software loaded [:D] )

The PS2 at my office isn't modded. It doesn't play copied Game-DVD's but it can play copied Video-DVD's.

I use an Apple Macintosh G4 / superdrive (pioneer) for DVD authoring / copying on apple DVD-R media. It works like a charm.

dweine2@uic.edu -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (10/12/2002 2:29:39 AM)

Boxcutter

I've got access to a superdrive on a G4 at school, and would love to know how to backup PS2 games and dvd's. I've heard from other sources that it can't be done

quote:
Originally posted by Boxcutter

quote:
Originally posted by mrmward

My PS2 at home is Messiah-modded, so it plays copied game-DVD's and copied video-DVD's. It basicly plays everything that is round and shiny. (even MP3-disks, with the mp3-player software loaded [:D] )

The PS2 at my office isn't modded. It doesn't play copied Game-DVD's but it can play copied Video-DVD's.

I use an Apple Macintosh G4 / superdrive (pioneer) for DVD authoring / copying on apple DVD-R media. It works like a charm.

number9 -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (10/17/2002 2:31:48 AM)

I've got a ps2 with neo 2.2 + ar2 v2.

dvdr of LOTR on a datasafe freezes at the end of the first chapter but it plays fine on dvd player.

could someone please clarify what u need to play dvdrs on ps2?

cheers

Lord Mixxx -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (11/2/2002 6:23:12 AM)

Hi,
I have PS2 with Messiah and I also have some question:
How can I play MP3?
Can I play somehow SVCD?

I hope one of you know the answers.

Thank you.

Luna -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (11/2/2002 6:47:38 AM)

Check out www.ps2ownz.com , they have everything you need on playing PS2 backups.

Boxcutter -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (11/10/2002 11:01:45 PM)

In reply to dweine2:

It can be done. Search the web for an application called "DVD Extractor 0.9beta" This application is intended for ripping DVD-Video.. but.. it can rip ps2 dvd's aswell. It's easy to find a copy with google.

My method: Start DVD extractor. Deselect every option. (like demux, and region-free).. then choose "save disc-image" from a dropdown menu.
DVD-Extractor will ask for a source (your ps2 game) and destination.

After you have saved the imagefile.. you can burn it with toast. (disc-image option, ofcourse)

quote:
Originally posted by dweine2@uic.edu

I've got access to a superdrive on a G4 at school, and would love to know how to backup PS2 games and dvd's. I've heard from other sources that it can't be done.

thefullarchie -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (11/17/2002 8:09:03 AM)

can anyone out there please tell me where i can get SIMPLE instructions for backing up my DVD movies and PS2 games?? everywhere i have looked i cant understand what theyre saying.

PS, i have a mac with superdrive so instructions would have to be mac-compatible!

thx [:)]

doogster_699 -> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 (11/20/2002 4:25:37 AM)

i have a ps2 and im wondering if someone can tell me how i can copy my ps2 games onto blank cd's because they r getting scratched and i dont want them to get wrecked. Can osmeone please tell me how and what osftware i will need.[8D]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02